Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream Reviews

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream is designed to instantly quench skin and lock in hydration, for smooth, supple skin all day long. The unique light-weight formula absorbs quickly, like a gel, but has the long-lasting, intense moisturizing power of a cream. It boosts skin's hydration level and locks it in all day. Formulated with hydrating hyaluronic acid, naturally found in skin, it acts as a sponge for dry skin cells, moisturizing with up to 1,000 times its weight in water, resulting in more supple and smooth skin:

• Oil-free
  • Non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores)
  • Purified Hyaluronic acid
  • Wearable under makeup
    1.7/5

June 28, 2018

Feels like burning

I was super excited to try out this product, as I usually like Neutrogena stuff. However, this felt like super uncomfortable sensation when I put it on my skin! Definitely would not recommend it for sensitive skin

1.2/5

May 06, 2018

Hated it

I don't have much to say about this cream. Sadly, it made my face super dry and I had a slight reaction to it that made my face get a rash. This probably won't happen to everyone but I won't be using it again because of my experience.

April 30, 2018

Not Very Effective

I was very excited to try the Neutogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream. I though the price was a little high for the amount of product that you get. When i first use the gel cream, the first thing i notice was the smell of the cream, it wasn’t a pleasant smell, it had a strong smell and kinda makes your eyes burn. When I applied it to my face It absorbs very quickly and was mot able to apply my whole face without get some more product. I think that this product won’t last that long as I felt I need to get getting more product to cover my face, and for the price it of 19.00 this can get very expensive. So overall i was not that impressed with this products, I’m glad that Was able to try it, but I would not buy this product.

1.8/5

April 29, 2018

It’s ok

The gel cream was very small. It was good because it was free but other than that I wouldn’t really buy it. It was not that greasy which was nice. I would not buy it. I did not get the full size

Saskatchewan, Canada

Too Greasy

I do not like this gel cream at all. I only used a little dab, and it took forever to absorb into my skin, and left it feeling super greasy. After a couple hours, I had to wash my face, and the gel cream off. Could be just my skin type doesn't really work with this product, but I won't be buying this again.

Wouldn't ever purchase

I tried this gel cream when I #gotitfree to evaluate from Chickadvisor.

The gel cream is very light on the skin and provides a comforting cooling sensation on contact. It dries very quickly and left my skin feeling clean and not weighed down. However, it provided little to no moisturization. My skin was left feeling tight and even a little flaky within a few minutes of applying. It has a powdery, perfumey scent that I didn't really enjoy, but it didn't seem to linger once it dried.

As far as value, at $20, it is a fairly good value compared to other similar products.

I likely would not recommend this product as I did not feel it worked well as a moisturizer.

Not moisturizing enough

I wanted to like this product because I loved the way it smelled but it is not moisturizing enough for me. I have oily skin and after I put this on my face it felt tight and I needed to apply another cream on top.

April 24, 2018

Disappointing

I tried very hard to give this moisturizer a fair shot, but after a week of using it, its just impossible to have this work with my routine and on my skin. I don't have too many steps to my routine, but I do use a serum before moisturizer and this gel cream just DID NOT cooperate. It actually felt painful tingly. I tried forgoing the serum but I noticed the gel cream didn't actually do a good job of hydrating on it's own and the step removed was definitely noticeable.

Then when it came down to the makeup routines, I found this moisturizer, even if left to absorb for 15 minutes, still pilled. With a bb cream, foundation and an oil-based foundation. I tried so many combinations to see if this thing worked, and it just did not cooperate.

No bueno. It's not the worst thing I've tried but I really don't recommend it. My skin hated it.

I received this product for review from the Chickadvisor Product Review Club.

1.5/5

April 23, 2018

Not my favorite

The neutrogena hydro boost gel cream was just not hydrating enough for me personally. I also believe it broke me out a bit which doesnt normally happen so i personally wouldnt buy the full size for my self. #gotitfree

1.5/5

April 21, 2018

Not enough quantity to properly review

I received a very small tube so not able to review properly. From what my wife told me that she definitely felt the skin hydrated and smells nice. She will probably buy to try.