Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Sunscreen SPF30 Reviews

ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2019

May 30, 2019

Protects Well and Smells Great!

Sunscreen is an important part of my daily routine. I bike to work everyday so I need a good skin protector. This Hydro Boost gel sunscreen is perfect for my needs. I love how it feels cooling on the skin and it blends very nicely without feeling greasy. It also has a nice smell which is surprising for a sunscreen. It protects my skin well from the suns rays and is a product I would definitely be happy to purchase in the future.

*I received this product free as part of a trial and these opinions are my own.

all time favourite sunscreen

This sunscreen has easily become my all time favourite - it is SO lightweight and non-greasy, sunscreen has really come a long way since I was a kid ! It absorbs beautifully and gives me the protection I need. I got this product for free in exchange for an honest review.

May 30, 2019

Sun care protection that helps prevent painful sunburns.

I was also asked to review the #Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Sunscreen SPF 30. #Sunscreen protection is a must for my #sun sensitive #skin. This pleasant smelling #sun protection #sunscreen has a creamy texture that isn’t oily and doesn’t leave your skin feeling uncomfortably tacky. I like that is absorbs quickly so that you can go on and enjoy your outdoor activities without worrying about the product’s effectiveness. The cream is #lightweight on your #skin and gives you the #sun protection that you need. You’ll be pleased to learn that the #Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Sunscreen SPF 30 is formulated with Helioplex that includes #photostable, #uvauvb protection from harmful #sun rays. This #Neutrogena #suncare cream gives you the added bonus of preventing painful #sunburns. I am impressed with the results. I feel confident that my #skin although exposed to the #sun, it is thoroughly being protected when I use this product. I like that the #sunscreen also hydrates my #skin and won’t clog my pores. Say goodbye to #sunburns! Thank you @ChickAdvisor and @NeutrogenaCA for my #NeutrogenaWeekendReady box! #gotitfree #freeproduct #productreview #productreviewclub #chickadvisor #neutrogenacanada #spf30 #spf30sunscreen

Great moisturizer, bonus SPF

#igotitfree in exchange for my honest review of this product. This is one of the better moisturizers I have experienced. I get a very dry face sometimes and usually after a shower. I like a dense cream to hydrate my skin. While this is more of a gel, it does an INCREDIBLE job. My face feels hydrated all day, it goes on easy smooth and lite. It goes well under make up and doesnt clump up. I feel confident that the added SPF will protect my face from the harmful sun. It smells great which is an added bonus and overall I would definitely buy this product.

Non greasy sunscreen!

I've #gotitfree from @ChickAdvisor! In summer we spend a lot of time on sun so it's very important to have a good sunscreen ,so I've tryed this Hydro Boost Gel sunscreen and it's very good,he is not greasy that didn't make my oily skin more oily wich is good.He has a very light texture ,he is invisible on the skin and I very like it ! Definitely recomend it and definitely will buy !
    @NeutrogenaCanada @NeutrogenaCa #NeutrogenaWeekendReady

Saskatchewan, Canada

New fav!

This is an awesome sunscreen I love that it doesn’t feel thick and greasy like usual sunscreens. I used it the other day and it felt great didn’t really feel like I had anything on and it did it’s job. No sunburn, no breakouts from clogged pores and my skin even feels softer.

Great cooling sunscreen

After a bad sunburn on my face when I was younger, I vowed to always wear sunscreen everyday, no matter what. I normally use a higher SPF on my face (60+), but I gave this SPF 30 a go to see what it would be like. It applies as a gel and is very refreshing and absorbs quickly without leaving any greasiness or white cast, which is great for days when I am in a rush and need to apply my makeup quickly over top. It stayed put all day, and was effective in protecting my face (no sunburn woo!). It did not clog my pores or affect my delicate facial skin at all. I would still prefer to use a higher SPF on my face, and would like them to come out with a (face-specific) SPF 60 or higher for this purpose. For a body sunscreen, it is absolutely great. Its refreshing gel is so unique and is perfect for hot summer days - just remember to keep reapplying throughout the day!

United States

Lower SPF but works well

I have used this now for about a week and I would have to say that it is pretty good for only being SPF 30. I usually buy 50 or higher but I have applied this daily to my face, neck and shoulders and I have not burned at all. It seems to work quite well. I also do not find it greasy or that it leaves a residue like some sunscreens

2.0/5

I burned....

First I have to say that I normally use an SPF 60. I have VERY fair skin. Last weekend I put this product on and sat with sunglasses and a hat in the shade, mostly covered while my sons played outside.

I was only out about an hour when I noticed too late that I had burned. I wouldn't complain too much but my sons, who are also very fair used a different sunscreen, also an SPF 30, were out in FULL sunshine for longer and they were fine. I normally love Neutrogena products but I likely won't be using this again until fall when I am out in the sun less.

I will say, it did go into my skin nicely and didn't smell badly.

May 30, 2019

A Sucker for a Good Sunscreen!

I received this product from the Product Review Club. I am so IMPRESSED with this sunscreen! I know what you're thinking, "girl, it's sunscreen chill out". Let me paint a picture in your head: It's a hot summer day, you're spending it outside because summer really only lasts a month in Canada. It's a hot and sweaty one and you need to reapply your sunscreen. The stark white lotion takes 30 minutes to rub into your skin. You've just accumulated more body heat from the friction in your hands from rubbing sunscreen into your body. It's a nightmare isn't it? That's when this product comes in. No need to have an arm workout for this. No worrying about whether or not you've fully rubbed the product into your skin. Best of all, NO STICKYNESS! Thank you, Neutrogena!