Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Sunscreen SPF30 Reviews

ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2019

May 31, 2019

Love this non-greasy sunscreen!

I got this product free to try! I’m normally not a big fan of sunscreen since it creates a greasy texture, but this gel is super lightweight and non-greasy. I can even use it under my makeup. Sometimes I would put it on top of my makeup to touch up my sunscreen. I normally use something with a higher SPF so would definitely choose the Neutrogena Hydro Boost SPF50 sunscreen instead. I leave this sunscreen in my car so I can put on sunscreen when I drive or when I head out. It’s the perfect size to have around too.

AMAZING

I received this product from Chickadvisor but I already went out to buy another one for my sister. It’s one of the only sunscreens that doesn’t leave a white cast nor leave your skin feeling greasy. I can use it under my makeup and know confidently that it won’t change my complexion and can leave my skin feeling moisturized. Love this product!

Worked great

I love this sunscreen! It was super lightweight and went on with out being greasy, heavy or sticky. There was no white residue and after applying it felt like there was no cream on my face.
    I love the fact that it was SPF 30 which is high enough for me. Now I don’t have to bother buying a face cream/ moisturizer that I don’t like but would buy just because it has the SPF I need.

I’ll definitely buy this again when it runs out

May 31, 2019

Non-Greasy and No White Marks!

I received this product for free in exchange for my honest opinion from ChickAdvisor and Neutrogena. I really enjoyed having the opportunity to try this product because I have now found my new favourite sunscreen. I like how this product is a gel instead of a cream. This product leaves no white marks like traditional sunscreen and soaks quickly into your skin. It is non-greasy and easy to apply. This product also has a pleasant and light scent, unlike most sunscreens. The packaging makes it easy to through in a bag without it taking up too much room. It also does not leak because of the screw on cap. Overall, I will continue using this product and I would definitely buy it in the future! I highly recommend trying this product!

Finally something I can enjoy

I am so happy to be trying this sunscreen. The gel product suits my skin and the fact that I do not swear alot with this sunscreen makes it very special product to me. I don't feel like I am wearing a suncreen!
    Plus point it doesnt make my skin look greasy!!!

Nice, light and effective

This 30 SPF sunscreen has a nice fresh and light scent. It goes on easily and absorbs into skin quickly leaving a soft but not greasy layer on your skin. The 30 level strength worked as a good sunscreen but I wasn't out in the sun for too long and it recommends reapplying every 2 hours which I didn't have a chance to do. Although the tube is a bit small, it is good to carry around to apply when you need sunscreen perhaps unexpectedly. It was nice to trial this for free.

3.2/5

May 31, 2019

An okay sunscreen, not a favourite

So many love the formula of this but unfortunately, I am not the biggest fan. It’s too light when used as a moisturizer and my skin also gets really shiny as if it’s trying to compensate for the dryness. It’s okay as a sunscreen (there is an SPF50 version too) but I have to wait 5-10 minutes for it to fully dry down and sink in before makeup. I don’t mind this on my indoor minimal makeup days but there are way better options in the market.

All that said, I do think this is better suited for my skin during Winter when I need more hydration. It's just too much for Summer and I hate how heavy it feels on my skin.

May 31, 2019

Top choice sunscreen this summer

I am loving the these 'hydro boost' products. Once again they've managed to make a light, non greasy, mosisturizing priduct and that can be hard to do with sunscreen. It applies evenly and leaves no awkward, embarrassing white streaks behind. It is fast absorbing and I quite enjoy using it on my face. It has a pleasant light smell and i did not get a burn when using it.

With that being said, I do usually purchase a higher spf sunscreen, especially on vacation where the sun is stronger, so I hope to see it come in varying spf options. The one I used was only 30. I also found the bottle to be a little small if it was a product I was going to frequently put all over my body. I would probably purchase it more for my face so it lasted longer. I would hope they will come in larger bottle options as well.

Overall, I love the product but it needs to come in a bigger bottle if you're going to be applying it to your whole body.

May 31, 2019

Not my favourite sunscreen but does the job

I received Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel sunscreen for free in exchange for my honest review.

Neutrogena is my go to sunscreen brand and has been for years, so I was very excited to be selected to give this new want to try.

I did like how light it is and how evenly and easily it applied. Well it didn’t leave my skin feeling greasy I didn’t feel like it completely absorbed all the way, could still feel a little something to the touch.

This one I tried is only a 30 SPF and I normally like something a lot stronger and something that will last longer this one says to reapply every two hours.

It doesn’t have an a really strong scent but I’m still not the biggest fan of it.

I would use the sunscreen again if I wasn’t going to be out in the sun for too long and I didn’t have another option. For now I’ll stick to the other Neutrogena brand sunscreens that I like a little better.

Good sunscreen

I got to try this product thanks to chickadvisor. Honestly I would definitely buy this once I run out. I can’t say how it works in the sun for a long period of time because the weather hasn’t been to sunny. But it feels nice on the skin and doesn’t have that horrible sunscreen smell. It’s nice and light perfume scent that reminds me of summer. Goes on nice and doesn’t leave a white residue. Nor does it irritate the skin. A summer must in my opinion.