NYX Cosmetics Soft Matte Lip Cream Reviews
#6 in Lipstick

February 22, 2015

My HOLY GRAIL lip product for a night out/long wear! With a lip liner and one coat of this you'll be set to eat drink and party without your lip color budging! It is a mousse light creamy texture that dries on your lips and will last through anything. There is such a wide array of beautiful colors to choose from. The nudes (Athens, Zurich, Abu Dhabi, London, Stolkholm) are my favorites but the mauve color (Cannes) and the deep red (Copenhagen) are just absolutley stunning.... This is alll I could ever ask for in a lip product and I recommend it to anyone!

February 06, 2015

I have this lipstick in 5-6 shades and I absolutely love it ! I'd recommend using a deep lip moisturizer and a lip primer before applying it, specially if using dark shades, because this might be a bit drying. Other than that, I love the matte finish of it and it really does work... high end quality.

November 09, 2014

Wonderful little lippie from Nyx, who have really upped their game recently with new additions and reformulations. The Soft Matte Lip Creams are like a melted lipstick - they go on smooth and creamy, then dry to a matte finish that stays put. The colors are beautiful, although you do have to be careful when choosing because some of them are very different than they appear in the website photos. And the smell is delicious, like a buttery cookie just out of the oven! Paraben-free formula. A winner :)

August 12, 2014

I bought this in Stockholm and now I want all the colors! Feels amazingly soft upon application and it is wonderfully pigmented. My only grip is that it is a little bit drying but I just use some lip chap underneath and that seems to solve the problem. It is long lasting as well. This is a fantastic find.

August 09, 2014

One of the best matte lip products ever! I have Antwerp, and it's the most gorgeous, bright (but not too bright) pinky-coral colors. It's ridiculously inexpensive (about $6) and blends into lips like a dream. It takes a few seconds to dry, and then it's there to stay on your lips for 5-6 hours. Once it fades, it does so evenly and leaves a pretty stain. Some people have complained that it's drying, but obviously it won't be moisturizing since it's a matte product. If you moisturize your lips before applying this, you won't dry them out at all. Five stars all the way!

August 06, 2014

Great product. Doesn't last as long as the marker-type stains but doesn't feel drying on the lips and doesn't migrate outside of my natural lip lines like creamy lipsticks can..

The lightest colours may settle into lip lines, but the medium/darker ones are awesome. There's some really fun shades like Addis Ababa- an awesome bright fuchsia, and others like Morocco- an orange-y colour, plus darker, moodier Lorde-like shades. I love Istanbul for a great MLBB shade- it's neutral and slightly lighter and pinker than my natural lips. I'm dying to get Antwerp, which is such a unique colour I can't even describe it. Seriously, look up the swatches of this and then head to Target, LD, Rexall, wherever and pick up one..you won't regret it.

June 01, 2014

The Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams are incredible. They go on like a gloss and dry to a nice flexible, matte color that doesn't budge all day. I ate and drank and it was still on my lips. The quality is great and they smell amazing as well!
    You can blend it on the lips with your finger for a more muted look or swipe it on with the applicator for a full, bright lip.
    These are definitely one of my everyday products and I'll be buying many more shades.

May 21, 2014

Love this stuff but I do find that it can be very drying. The pigment however is gorgeous. I only ever have to reapply it once during the day.

April 05, 2014

This is a life changing lippie, it applies like a thick lip gloss but when it dries it's completely matte and will. not move. The staying power with these guys are unbelievable, even with drinking throughout the day. I have 5 or 6 of them and the pigmentation and longevity and overall quality is the the same throughout.

November 01, 2013

I love these and I want every color! They're really unique -- the texture is smooth and creamy, not dry like some matte lip products can be. They're very pigmented and the colors are super rich. Love them!