4.1/5
Palmer's Skin Therapy Cleansing Oil Reviews
#200 in Face Oils

July 24, 2019

Best as 1st step for a double cleanse

Recently bought this product to test out oil cleansing to remove makeup and help my oily skin as well as try out double cleansing. I do really enjoy this product as it definitely does all that. The smell is a little off putting and it definitely feels heavy on the skin, but if you can get past those it’s a really great product. I mainly use this at night, but will use it in the morning if my face is feeling oilier than usual. It doesn’t create a lather or anything like that, but washing it off it looks milky. It’s super gentle but would avoid if you’re sensitive to fragrance, although I find it doesn’t irritate my eyes as it feels that gentle. Overall a great product for oil cleansing

Updated On: July 24, 2019

I should add, I wouldn’t personally use this as a single cleanse as I find it leaves a slight film, so I suggest using your regular cleanser after using this product.

January 16, 2019

My Holy Grail Cleanser!

I use this cleanser, twice a day, morning and night and it's one of the best I've ever used! It removes oil and dirt with ease and also serves as an excellent makeup remover. I've recently transitioned to using only oils as cleansers, as I find it leaves my skin hydrated and moisturized during the colder months. This inexpensive cleanser travels with me everywhere I go and I have no plans of getting rid of it anytime soon!

April 10, 2018

Great for extreme weather conditions.

Canadian winters are harsh and dry out my skin. This was great as it balanced everything thing. But as soon as the weather warmed up, I found it to be too oily and cause breakouts.

September 16, 2016

I love all things Palmer's it was my life saver during my pregnancy for those awful stretch marks. I have extremely oily skin and when a friend suggested to use an oil product I thought she was crazy but I DID find this at walmart for roughly 9$ so I thought I'd give it a go. I love the smell and it does make your skin feel smooth and less oily during the day. I only use it as a night treatment and think this will definitely be a must have during those cold winter days to keep my skin hydrated. I'd say this would be great for all skin types!

2.3/5

June 24, 2016

I usually have no issues with palmers products but this one doesn't work so well. The product it's self makes your skin quite oily and does not leave your skin feeling cleansed, which I really dislike. I really wanted to like product but unfortunately I do not.

3.2/5

April 06, 2016

As for removing makeup, this works well. It's quick and easy to use. Just put the oil in your hands and rub it on your dry face. Then rinse and the oil will turn into milky consistency. However, with the eyes, it leaves my eyes cloudy and stink a bit. So I need to keep my eyes shut throughout the process. Also, it leaves some weird chemically taste on my lips which sometimes get into my month.

January 21, 2016

It is very good it cleans my skin deeply and the oil in it moisturize my face not like other cleansers that makes my skin dry , it is a very good product

October 06, 2015

My skin is so ridiculously oily that the thought of using an oil to clean my face horrified me. Then someone told me that the best thing for super oily skin is to actually cleanse with an oil. I saw a blog post about this and then saw it at Wal-Mart for $8 so I decided to give it a shot. It was the best decision ever! After using this for two days, my fiance commented on how my skin is more clear and almost glowing. My face is no where near as oily at the end of the day, either. I am so happy that I actually tried this, I am never going back! It doesn't feel super oily and it emulsifies when water is added. It removed every single bit of make up, even eye make up, and passed the toner test. There was absolutely no make up residue on the cotton pad. I cannot recommend this cleansing oil enough!