3.2/5
Philips Satinelle Epilator Reviews
#185 in Hair Removal

0.7/5

May 03, 2017

I got this on sale at shoppers. I used it, it didn't pick any hair neither fine nor thick hair. I was so disappointed with it. It's better to buy venus razor it shaves better and cheaper.

June 10, 2015

worked great on my legs, hurt too much to use on my under arms.

June 09, 2015

Excellent produit fini les rasoirs :)

May 04, 2015

For years I suffered with ingrown hairs and ensuing infections no matter how much money I spent on razors. I tried home waxes/sugars and the like and never found that they worked as advertised. They took the little blond hairs out and left the darker thicker ones. - I would have been fine if this had been the inverse. I couldn't afford waxing professionally and I couldn't stand the smell of depilatories and they burned my skin a bit. Then I found the Epilator.

My first was a cheap, and on sale version and it worked decently but I ended up trying a slightly higher end version, this Philips and find it does a very good job. First off, very few ingrown hairs. It takes some getting used to, as it is a pulling sensation and when you let your hairs grow long (like over winter) the first time again is a lot pinchy. Don't believe the marketing that says you don't have to do anything for 4 weeks because that's not how body hair grows. But as opposed to having to shave every day in the summer I find I can go a day or two. You won't get a perfect shave and for some reason I always miss patches on the outside of my calves, but I catch them when they grow longer, but the big bonus for me was that I'm not covered in little infected nicks and red spots from shaving.

If you're brave you can try on your armpits but it does take some getting used to, but once the hair grows back it isn't blunt so it doesn't poke so much.

I've had this little unit for several years now. I use the little brushes they include to clean it out from time to time, and when I dropped the plug and the plastic case popped open I just used electrical tape to keep it back together, which is all sorts of elegant I know, but it was a lot less expensive than a new unit!