Prestige Item
Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser Reviews

Philosophy Purity Made Simple is a ph-balanced formula that rapidly dissolves dirt and makeup while deep cleaning pores. The best-selling cleanser contains infusions of sage, chamomile, and carrot.

July 04, 2019

Amazing, multiple purpose, and gentle

Love this product. I use it to take off my makeup, cleanse my face, and watch my makeup brushes. It's gentle and tough at the same time.

I have eyes that can be irritated easily but this stuff is ok for me to remove my makeup. Love love love

July 02, 2019

Skin feels clean & refreshed

I absolutely love this cleanser. It's gentle enough to use every day, it leaves my skin feeling refreshed and clean. It doesn't strip my skin or leave it feeling overly dry.

I especially love using this product after a long day, when I don't want to use a separate eye makeup remover, this does the job and gets everything off in one easy cleanse.

Would definitely recommend it to others, in this case - a little goes a long way!

June 30, 2019
    Indiana, United States

Love it!!

I like that this face cleanser is gentle on the skin. However, it still gets your face clean, removing all traces of makeup. I have been using it for a couple years now and plan on continuing to use it.

1.2/5

May 31, 2019
    New Jersey, United States

Not a good match

I have sensitive skin and this face wash did not work for me. It left my skin irritated. I’m not really sure what it was in it. It is a creamy cleanser. I didn’t feel like my face was fresh and clean after using it. I tried it a few times years apart just in case it was a fluke.It was reoccurring. I did not have a good experience with this one.

1.8/5

May 03, 2019

over hyped

For years and years I've heard great things about this cleanser. I finally bought a bottle. I was so disappointed. Made my forehead dry, doesn't remove all of my makeup, face didn't feel like it had a deep clean and smells like rubbing alcohol.

April 24, 2019

Good facial cleaners and makeup remover

First off I have to say this lasts forever, you are 225ml and only need a very small amount to cleanse with. I liked the fact that this is paraben and SLS free and had a lot of natural oils and ingredients. This cleanser does have a very herbal scent so if that isn’t something you enjoy it may not be for you. I felt like it did a good job of cleansing my face, it foamed nicely and washed always cleanly. I did not feel that it left my skin overly dry or oily. I did not try this for removing my eye makeup as I only really use cleansing waters around my eye area, so I can’t say how it works for eye makeup removing or if it stung at all. Overall I did enjoy using this product and I would repurchase it in the future.

April 24, 2019

Amazing cleanser

This is exactly as the name says - simple. This cleanser is a very basic everyday cleanser that makes your skin feel fresh, clean but moisturized. Amazing value. Huge bottle for a great price. Highly recommend for any skin type. I have very sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate my skin at all (Psoriasis & eczema).

April 04, 2019

Repurchased 3 times already!

My face feels clean and all my makeup comes off so easily, AND this is the one cleanser that my face feels fresh and moisturized after each and every use! Best moisturizing cleanser I have ever used.

March 23, 2019

Love this cleanser

I got this cleanser at Sephora after a recommendation from a rep for the company. It is a lovely cleanser and I really love it! I keeps my face soft, clean, and smooth. If I had to complain about one thing, it would be how expensive it is. I would love to continue to purchase it but not sure I would be able to afford it. You only need less a dime size amount for your whole face. Love this product!!!

March 23, 2019

Nice cleanser

I was skeptical for purchasing this cleanser because I was worried for it to break out my skin. Glad I did because it left my skin very soft, smooth, and clean feeling without being overly stripping. lOVE THIS CLEANSER VERY MUCH! Recommend buying!