3.9/5
Polysporin Cold Sore Healing Patch Reviews
#1 in Remedies

Polysporin Cold Sore Healing Patch uses hydrocolloid technology to effectively treat the cold sore. The patch forms a protective barrier that contains the virus and enables fast effective healing.

Directions for Use:  Apply POLYSPORIN® Cold Sore Healing Patch at first sign of an outbreak. When the patch starts to detach from the skin, remove it and replace it with a new one until cold sore is healed. Patches should be used 24 hours a day. On average, the patch will stay on for approximately 8 hours. You do not need to remove the patch every 8 hours, only when it begins to detach.

October 30, 2019
    United Kingdom

Not for me

I am someone who suffers from cold sores regularly and am constantly trying out different creams/remedies! This isn’t the worst product I’ve ever used however I wasn’t overly impressed with it...I found it didn’t stick down well for long, and once it starts coming away from your skin you just have to take it off and change it.
    I didn’t feel like it was relieving the tenderness and it’s just not something I would personally use again

2.0/5

October 08, 2019
    Antrim and Newtownabbey, United Kingdom

Not for me

I get quite a few cold sores and often in clusters so I had nothing to lose trying these out. I was so hopeful but they made no difference what so ever.

August 14, 2019

Not worth the money

First off, these little cold sore patches are extremely expensive for what you actually get. While they do a good job in initially concealing the cold sore, you'll find that you will need to keep replacing them every hour or so as they tend to peel away from the lip (and guys, if you have facial hair even a little stubble under the lip these will not adhere properly and you will need to shave under your lip to have it properly adhere)

1.2/5

August 13, 2019

Not worth it, more noticeable

I unfortunately suffer from cold sore fairly often. When I first heard of this product I did give it a fair shake. I was disappointed. For me it make the whole healing process more cumbersome, I felt that the patch wouldn’t stick/attach properly- only drawing more attention to my lip area. And due to the non-affixing I’m certain that the healing properties that the patch was supposed to have, didn’t occur!

Since all this I’ve just seen my doctor and had success with real medical intervention.

1.7/5

May 24, 2019

Would not recommend this product

I have frequent cold sores and hate being able to see them. I purchased this product because it says it disguised the cold sore and helps heal it at the same time. I put it on and within 5 minutes it was falling off because it got wet from my saliva. Would not recommend buying it as it is a waste of money and doesn’t do what it says it is supposed to.

May 15, 2019

I would not buy this product again!

This product was very hard to apply. I would much rather just use a cream or prescribed meds. This product was a waste of time for me. Farted around for a while trying to apply this silly thing. There is also no way to wear lipstick over it. At all! Feel like the commercials were false.

1.3/5

March 21, 2019

Save your money

If you get cold sores, I wouldn't purchase this honestly. The patches are massive, don't stay flush on your lip, and it makes the healing process longer and it peels and cracks the cold sorewhen you have to remove it. I get cold sores more ON my lip and near the corner so these don't work. And trust me, makeup does NOT go over the patch. It makes the patch stand out even more. Even when I trimmed the patch, when it was time to change it, it made me bleed.
    Not a fan and would not reccomend for cold sores at all.

1.7/5

March 19, 2019

No a Win

I tried these that found that they really didn’t stay on very well and we’re really quite expensive to purchase. I will stick with my natural supplement of lysine which works very well for me. I’ll give these a pass.

1.5/5

March 03, 2019

je ne le recommande pas

En plus d'être inefficace, ce produit n'est pas discret du tout et on ne peut pas le mettre dans les coins de bouche où les feux sauvages se retrouvent souvent. Utiliser un produit en crème ou gel.

1.3/5

January 28, 2019

Don't waste your money...

Just get a prescription or even Abreva in a pinch, but don't bother with this. Any moisture at all has this little sticker sliding off - I never had one stay in place more than an hour. Besides, I think it makes a coldsore even more noticeable.