3.9/5
Polysporin Cold Sore Healing Patch Reviews
#1 in Remedies

Polysporin Cold Sore Healing Patch uses hydrocolloid technology to effectively treat the cold sore. The patch forms a protective barrier that contains the virus and enables fast effective healing.

Directions for Use:  Apply POLYSPORIN® Cold Sore Healing Patch at first sign of an outbreak. When the patch starts to detach from the skin, remove it and replace it with a new one until cold sore is healed. Patches should be used 24 hours a day. On average, the patch will stay on for approximately 8 hours. You do not need to remove the patch every 8 hours, only when it begins to detach.

May 25, 2021

Effective but not ideal

I will start by saying that these do work well-about the same as any other cold sore ointment. I personally do not like these as I find it slides all over and will not stay in place. I find it much more convenient to just place the ointment in the spot

May 12, 2021

Could not get it to stay in place

I suffer with cold sores and I have not had much luck with this product as I found it moved around on my lip. I have had much more luck using Carmex lip chap

May 06, 2021

Not my favorite

I personally didn’t like this product. Yes you can apply it on and somehow try to “make the cold less visible “ however I think it only makes it worse, as it doesn’t allow it to dry out. I won’t purchase it again.

May 04, 2021

Lifesaver

This works like a champ to tame my Coldspring. I put it on before bed though as it isn't as invisible as claimed. The only downfall I find is that it hurts like a son to remove! Recommended to me by a friend!

March 25, 2021

Not worth the price

I feel like they peel off too easy. Its nice when they actually stay on. Way over priced. Ive never found them to be effect at relieving the actual coldsore any quicker.

March 24, 2021

Not worth the price

I bought this few years ago because I have a very bad cold sore. It is invisible and I was able to apply makeup on top of the patch. However, I have trouble sticking it on my cold sore and easily to slip off. I don't recommend this product.

2.3/5

January 06, 2021

Don't seem to work

My husband only gets cold sores every couple years, but I bought these to have on hand when he got one. The patch wouldn't stay in place and it didn't seem to reduce the sore at all.

December 07, 2020

Interesting idea, but didn’t work for us.

I bought these for my daughter who gets cold sores almost once a month. They wouldn’t stay for very long - possibly because she has oily skin? And we also didn’t notice them healing her cold sores any faster either. We definitely won’t be purchasing again.

November 07, 2020

Disappointed

I tried these on two different occasions and both times didn’t see any positive results. They don’t hold into place very well and makes the cold sore gross and soggy. YUCK

October 29, 2020

Looking to try

I've heard great things about these. Have yet to be able to try them however. Live in small town as soon as the come into our stores they are sold out right away