3.9/5
Polysporin Cold Sore Healing Patch Reviews
#1 in Remedies

Polysporin Cold Sore Healing Patch uses hydrocolloid technology to effectively treat the cold sore. The patch forms a protective barrier that contains the virus and enables fast effective healing.

Directions for Use:  Apply POLYSPORIN® Cold Sore Healing Patch at first sign of an outbreak. When the patch starts to detach from the skin, remove it and replace it with a new one until cold sore is healed. Patches should be used 24 hours a day. On average, the patch will stay on for approximately 8 hours. You do not need to remove the patch every 8 hours, only when it begins to detach.

Finally

Finally a product that works I have struggled with cold sores all my life I have tried creams, oils and oral meds but nothing worked really well but none of them allowed you to cover the ghastly site!! This product does not instantly get rid of the cold sore but it does helps it heal faster and best of all hides it!!!

Argh!

I get so embarrassed when I get a cold sore! These made the healing process go so much quicker. And it took away that nasty tingling feeling that we all know about. I keep these in my purse just in case

Worked like a charm

Had a cold sore and used one of these babies and it was gone in no time. I usually struggle to get rid of cold sores need to go get a prescription from the doctor, but with this I didn’t need to!

January 06, 2020

Easy to use

These are little round sticker patches that you put on cold sores. Easy to apply but one drawback is they don't last long and soon start to peel around the edge. This makes the product noticeable to others so you have to replace it. They work well but are costly. I would love to see a lower price as often times I've had to buy 2 or 3 packs for one cold sore episode. But they work well.

December 14, 2019
    Glasgow City, United Kingdom

Not bad but not great

I get cold sores when the winter , cold days start and I have tried just about every product out there to prevent them when I can feel one appearing . This said all the right things in the packaging but unfortunately it didn’t live up to the hype . I found it tricky to apply and looked very noticeable when on. I couldn’t have went out in public with it on.

October 26, 2019

The go to for picture day

I had a cold sore on a day I needed to get some professional photos done. My makeup was not covering the sore as effectively on its on because it was peeling and scanning over. I put the patch on before applying my makeup and it was like both the patch and sore were gone

October 22, 2019
    Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada

Not very effective

I have tried these a couple times. They did not stop the cold sore from spreading(even when put on at the first sign) and it didn't reduce healing time. And they did not stick very well.

October 09, 2019
    Worcestershire, United Kingdom

Feels contained

I suffer a lot with coldsores - sometimes due to stress or hormones and sometimes the change in seasons . I like the patches as I think they contain the blister and stops you accidentally touching it and spreading it to other areas - I have had them around my eyes and nose before . Probably about the same healing time as the cream but I feel better with a patch on as they do my get as crusty

September 20, 2019

Love these cold sore patches!

I suffer with cold sores when the weather changes seasons and saw a commercial that you could use this patch and cover with make up so I thought I would give it a go.

Price: pretty high to be honest. Especially as I had to use a few patches for one application. Not because the cold sore was huge but because the first one creased as I was opening it and stuck together it looked terrible on. The second was way too big when I was trying to cover it all too could see was a huge circle.
    The third time lucky! I cut the patch in half and then took that backing off. Once in place I could build up my make up and cover it!
    My cold sore didn’t get bigger and once the patch started to fall away (the next day) I replaced it. And followed suit for 3 days. No scab formed and it was healed fully within 4 days! Incredible. And I wasn’t hiding my face away embarrassed. I always have an energy pack in my bag. Just in case!!

September 04, 2019
    Saskatchewan, Canada

Very discreet & stays put!

Easy to use and apply. It sticks very well and isn’t too noticeable. It feels like it is working although it didn’t seem to speed up the healing. I love that it took away the painful part of the blistering. Easy to carry in patch form and no spillage. Would use it again.