3.9/5
Polysporin Cold Sore Healing Patch Reviews
#1 in Remedies

Polysporin Cold Sore Healing Patch uses hydrocolloid technology to effectively treat the cold sore. The patch forms a protective barrier that contains the virus and enables fast effective healing.

Directions for Use:  Apply POLYSPORIN® Cold Sore Healing Patch at first sign of an outbreak. When the patch starts to detach from the skin, remove it and replace it with a new one until cold sore is healed. Patches should be used 24 hours a day. On average, the patch will stay on for approximately 8 hours. You do not need to remove the patch every 8 hours, only when it begins to detach.

November 15, 2013

THANK YOU POLYSPORIN!!!!!!! FINALLY SOMETHING THAT WORKS!!! covered up the red blistering coldsores making me much less self conscious, felt immediate relief when using the patch and it made a huge difference after just one use. will be keeping these stocked in my house, would recommend to anyone

November 21, 2012

I have been using this product for the last few outbreaks and I love them! I usually get a cold sore every time the weather changes and always used abreva. With the abreva I woud have to reapply everytime I ate or drank anything which was annoying. The patches at walmart are 16.97 tax and Abreva is 18.97 tax. With the 5.00 off coupon on polysporins website it is way more of a deal! plus I can use more abreva cream than patches. I usually get the sore on my bottom lip right in the middle and find if you use nail sissors to cut the patch in half when it is still on the applicator it fits perfectly with the rounded edge on the bottom of the lip allowing me 30 patches out of the 15 patch box. if you cut yourself you wounldnt just put cream on your cut you would also put a bandaid on it right?

March 13, 2012

Cold sores routinely affect my family. Two out of 5 of us get them often. We have tried everything from prescription creams to oral medication prescribed by the doctor. When we found abreva we were quite happy but still being negatively affected. Then we stumble onto the polysorin cold sore patch. We love it. At the start of a cold sore we place the patch on it starts to heal. I love the idea of a patch because it conceals it & stops it from speading. The wedsite right now is offering a $5.00 coupon for anyone interested in trying them.

February 15, 2012

After using this product for the first time I am very impressed. I get a cold sore every two years or so, always in the same spot, very near the corner of my lower lip. Usually it takes 10-12 days for the whole sore life cycle, which is a long time.
    This product is meant to be used as soon as possible in order to be most effective-meaning as soon as you feel the tingling/itching.
    This time around I did not realize the sore was coming early on and by the time I felt the pain the sore was already 2mm in size. I immediately applied the first patch. Half of the patch was distributed on the lip and the other half on the skin below the lip. Initially due to lack of experience with the product the lower portion of the patch was not applied as smoothly as I would have liked, but since I was staying home I did not replace it-it's a pricey product so it was a shame to waste the patch. I was more careful with subsequent applications and became more proficient at it to the degree that the patch would virtually disappear and blend with the skin.
    I left the patch for the rest of the day(6 hours) until I discovered that eating/drinking and brushing teeth would make the portion of the patch that was placed on the lip to lose its adhesive properties. I simply replaced the patch and went to sleep. The next morning I was surprised to discover that the sore remained the same size and was not increasing in size. I did find that the patch was too large and with multiple applications was beginning to irritate the skin below the lip. So I experimented with cutting the patch to different sizes but still ensuring I did not compromise the ease of application and adhesiveness. I did not apply any make-up over it as I suspected it would not look that great, plus I found that I didn't NEED to apply any makeup to camouflage the sore. The patch made it virtually invisible to others. My husband was very impressed.
    Overall by end of day 5 the sore was gone- nothing short of a miracle for me since healing time was cut in at least half.
    I did find that the patch lasted less than the 8 hours promised, more like 5-6, but I suspect that had something to do with my frequency of eating/drinking/teeth brushing. I used on average 4 patches per day for 3 days and then I used the cutoff portions of the patch for the 4th day. Day 5 I did not need to use anything at all.
    Pricey product, but I found it to be well worth the money. I suspect it would be less effective on a well developed sore with crusting which might explain the previous negative review. Like anything out there, you need to try a product on yourself to see if it works for you. It did for me and I will be using it in the future. In fact I will keep a couple of the patches in my wallet for easy access. Highly recommended!

January 06, 2012

I think these are fantastic! I was getting a cold sore at night so the next day I went and bought them. The cold sore that had already started did not get any bigger yay! And then a new one started.....I got the patch on it immediately and within two uses of the patch it was completely gone! I don't find it hurts at all to remove them (maybe the previous person has an extremely low pain tolerance) and will definitely be keeping this product in my medicine cabinet all the time.

Updated On: January 06, 2012

Oh I did forget to mention that yes you can see them but it's not that bad a lot better than an ooozing cold sore in my opinion.