PowerBar Plant Protein Almond, Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate Reviews

Suggested retail price - $16.99 for 14-count Variety Pack (at Costco)

You might also like PowerBar Plant Protein Cashew, Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award 2018
    2.7/5

My Household Weren't Impressed

I #gotitfree through the product review club. I was initially happy to see 4 bars in the package, which meant that my partner and I each could try both flavours. He works out regularly and I am a former personal trainer, so we are both quite conscious of what we eat.

We agreed that the flavour was alright. It wasn't anything to write home about but it wasn't bad either. A little too sweet. If you're used to commercial granola bars, these would probably be a good choice for you. I make my own high protein granola and we prefer the more natural approach.

Within about 10 minutes of eating the cashew bar, I ended up with a bad stomach ache that lasted for a few hours. It was enough to wake me up from sleep. I think it's the added fibre (from an extract) that was the issue. I'm a vegetarian and consume a high fibre diet already, so it may have just been too much for the day.

10g of protien is alright, especially for a plant based bar. However, there did seem to be a lot of processed ingredients, a lot of fat (probably due to the nuts), a lot of sugars (10g) and a fair bit of sodium (190mg).

We won't be buying these. It would have been nice to have something that is easy to throw in a backpack when heading out for the day, but for average nutrition and okay taste, I think we can do better.

Editor's Note:
    Thanks for your feedback on this PowerBar Plant Protein product. Feel free to reach our to the PowerBar Customer Care team at 1-866-769-3790, or to visit their website at https://www.powerbar.ca/about/contact-us if you needed further assistance.

Sweet and salty snack

I really enjoyed this bar, it's almost like eating a chocolate bar/granola bar. I like that it has 10 grams of protein so It's filling. My only critique is the amount of sugar, I prefer a lower amount when choosing a protein bar.

Good!

I would have liked to have liked the product to be less sweet than it is, other than that the taste is good and the sweet salty combination is good besides the protein intake is sufficient would probably buy the product.

This one is my fave.

This protein bar is my fave. out of the two that I tried. The almond, sea salt and dark chocolate are a wonderful combination and I would definitely purchase this again for myself. Love the amount of protein in this power bar and kept me going for quite awhile during the day. I also found this one was not as sweet as the other one so I would prefer this one. #gotitfree #chickadvisor #powerplantproteinalmondseasaltanddarkchocolate

March 13, 2018

Pretty tasty, but the other flavour is slightly better

Out of the two flavours that i've tried, I believe this one is less tasty than the other one. Although it is a tad sweet for my liking, the description of how the bar tastes is spot on. The dark chocolate helps balance out everything. The cashews aren't as evident as I thought they would be however. I do like that it doesn't have the weird whey protein after taste which is always welcome. Would buy these again but hopefully they make it a tad less sweet.

very yummy!

I got to try this as my sample and i preferred this bar over the cashew, salted caramel and dark chjocolate flavoured bar due to the taste. I love the taste and i feel like it's a super bar where it can help as a quick snack 'on the go' type. It has 32% fibre which is impressive. The only thing i disliked is the 13g of fat and the 190 mg of sodium. Seems a bit high? I'm not a nutritionist but it just seems high in both categories.

Sweet Protein Packed Treat

#gotitfree I was a lucky recipient of the PowerBar Plant Protein bars (Almond, sea salt dark chocolate). I love the 10grams of protein. I was pleasantly surprised to find I was full after having it as a snack. They taste good but on the sweet side. I would prefer a bit less sweet (less syrup please). I also enjoyed the thin chocolate layer on the bottom and that the bar wasn't overly chewy. Worth a try!

Great Vegan protein bars

This is my second flavour I tried. It's very good. Personally I like the cashew one better but that's just personal preference. Both are very good. Again this one is a little sweet and would be better with less sugar. I like that its soy free, artificial sweeter free, and gluten free for people with sensitives. Decent amount of protein for a vegan bar. Nutritionally it is good for macro-nutrients but micro nutrients might be lacking. I would like less carbs which could be aided by cutting sugar down. It only lists calcium and iron as micro nutrients so its hard to give it a 5 star on nutrition. Last issued I have is the use of palm kernel oil (save the orangutans!)

Very YUMMY :)

ITs a very good bars, they sent me two tastes: almonds and caramel, the bars are too GREAT ..ITS EVERYTHING THAT I LIKE IN A BAR, taste very good and not so hard to eat like others bars.

Updated On: April 11, 2018

March 13, 2018

Would definitely buy this product

Tastes great. Perfect balance of sweet and salty. In comparing the two flavours offered, I prefer the almonds over the cashews. Both bars are great, but I would choose this particular bar over the other.