PowerBar Plant Protein Almond, Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate Reviews

Suggested retail price - $16.99 for 14-count Variety Pack (at Costco)

You might also like PowerBar Plant Protein Cashew, Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2018

Good Stuff!

I received this product for free through the Chick Advisor product review club. I was very exicted about being picked to review this because it is plant-based protein, vegan and gluten and soy free! I love that it has 10g of protein in the the bar without having that chalky taste. It is a little bit hard to chew but it does have a great taste. Personally I prefer the cashew version but this one is good as well.

Updated On: March 15, 2018

Actually, after reading the nutritional facts I have realized that there is just as much sugar in the protein bar as there is protein... Can't say I love that.

March 15, 2018

Mix between protein and granola bar

I give it 4 stars for taste only because it's a little too sweet for my taste. Has 10 grams of sugar which is pretty decent for a protein bar, but also only 10 g of protein, so it's more of a mix between a protein and granola bar. The ingredients are quite healthy, and I really like that there are almonds and chocolate that you can see and taste, rather than just a mush of questionable ingredients, like traditional protein bars. I'll definitely be buying these when I see them in stores.

1.8/5

March 15, 2018

C'est pas tout à fait ça...

Il faudrait que la barre contienne plus de protéines, mois de sucre et que ça soit moins croquant (car c'est vraiment trop dur).

Il y a une grande place à l'amélioration, il serait bien de consulter des experts en nutrition sportive.

Great taste

I received almond sea salt and dark chocolate flavoured plant protein bar free for testing. I will start by saying that I did really love the flavour. I loved the sea salt, mixed with the dark chocolate and the nice crunch it provides with the almonds. So as far as taste goes, I really liked it. But, as someone who is regularly eats protein bars, to up my protein intake, this wouldn’t be my first choice. It has 10 grams of protein, 13g of fat, 22g of carbs and 8g of fibre. I would prefer if the protein grams were more and fat grams less. It’s quite a few fat grams for 230 calorie bar. I was happy to see 8g of protein though.
    Bar tasted great. Not sure if I would purchase again though, as the nutritional content isn’t to my liking.

March 14, 2018

Taste so good its hard to believe they are good for you

Great tasting product. Packed full of healthy ingredients with no artificial ingredients. They taste quite good. Good value purchasing and quite filling unlike plain granola bars. Definitely be on my grocery list.

YUMMMMYY!

I love this flavour and the cashew bar equally. They are both so delicious! I love that they are made with plant based protein and are a great option for anyone looking for a vegan protein bar. It has 10 grams of pea protein and only 10 grams of sugar, which I think isn't bad considering the size of the bar. It's a nice mix of crunchy and chewy. It's really satisfying and great pre or post workout or anytime you want a healthy snack or have a bit of a sweet tooth (or a lot). I will definitely buy these! #gotitfree #powerbarplantprotein

powerbar

c'est genial cette barre tendre , je l'ai mangé aussitot que je l'ai recu par la poste et wow le gout est vraiment tres bon , je vais en acheter a nouveau ca c'est certain

#cadeau

Updated On: March 14, 2018

merci a @ChickAdvisor et @PowerBar pour m'avoir envoyé ce produit

#PowerBarPlantProtein

Bar

The taste was good but like I said the previous review the salt and calorie intake isn't good for you in general. I do like how it's gmo free and vegan, which is nice but the price for these bars are a bit pricey, which I don't like. If they were healthier and less expensive then I would recommend in general.

Updated On: March 14, 2018

I received this product free from chickadvisor.

March 14, 2018

SO yummy.. especially for a protein bar

I was pleasantly surprised as I took my first bite of the Powerbar... it tasted.. good!? I have tried many protein bars over the years and for some reason whenever chocolate is involved or something that sounds yummy, they never turn out to be yummy. I also find with vegan/plant based protein bars, companies have a habit of using Stevia sweetener which doesn't sit right with me. This bar however is delicious. It reminds me of a Nature Valley but slightly more dense. It makes for a great breakfast on the go and an excellent post-gym snack.

March 14, 2018

Yummy and good vegan nutrition

Firstly, i was sent this item to review by chickadvisor #gotitfree

This snack bar has amazing taste. It tastes like a delicious normal granola bar with the added benefit of protein and that too of a vegan source. This is really good for me as I do tend to purchase protein sources which are natural. The bar tastes like a sea-salt chocolate bar and I cannot get over the taste. Overall, I would purchase this again!