PowerBar Plant Protein Almond, Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate Reviews

Suggested retail price - $16.99 for 14-count Variety Pack (at Costco)

You might also like PowerBar Plant Protein Cashew, Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2018

March 22, 2018

Good taste but a bit too sweet

The bar tasted pretty good for a protein bar (no chalky/powdery taste) and left me feeling full, but I preferred the cashew flavour better than this almond one (just my personal preference). Similar to the cashew variety, I found this one too sweet (as sweet as a granola bar), but given the nutrition facts, it's surprisingly not loaded with sugar. I would still opt for this new plant protein PowerBar over other brands I've tried, because of the taste.

March 22, 2018

Une belle option santé avec une petit côté sucré!!

Quelle belle découverte @chickadvisor m’a permis de découvrir et tester!! Cette barre protéinée est une excellente option de collation à garder à portée de mains. Son goût chocolaté donne une belle petite touche sucrée et les amandes la rendent croquante à souhait!! Je la recommande sans hésiter!! #cadeau #powerbarplantprotein

March 22, 2018

Good things come in small packages

I am someone who eats a protein bar everyday at work. It keeps me going in between lunch and dinner, so naturally I was very excited to try these protein bars. First, I love that it is plant based protein, this is something I have been researching and looking to purchase so having it come in this bar is great. Second I was surprised by the taste, it was much sweeter than the Clif protein bars I usually use. I instinctively turned it over expecting to see it was loaded with sugar but it has almost 50% LESS sugar than my Clif bars. Finally, at first I thought I would be hungry immediately after eating since these were smaller than my current ones but it kept me satisfied until I left work. One thing I do wish is that it had a bit higher protein content but overall I am very satisfied.

March 22, 2018

Great plant protein bar before a workout

I really enjoy the almond sea salt dark chocolate bar and it's is vegan i ate the bar just before I works out I got more energy after working out and the bar was really great taste and #got it free I would definitely recommend it to my family and friends.

March 22, 2018

Not bad, but a little too salty.

Overall, this protein bar was pretty good. I like the fact that it is vegan and uses plant protein. It made me feel like this was a healthier option to my typical protein bar. I also love how different it was- crunchy and textured with nuts ...again, very unique in comparison to most. It really just felt like I was eating a granola bar. The taste wasn't bad, but I do think it was a tad too salty for my tastes. The salt tended to overshadow the other flavours in the bar. I would totally recommend this to anyone who prefers a saltier snack, but I don't know if I would necessarily buy this flavour again.
    #gotitfree
    #chickadvisor

March 22, 2018

Yep! Green light on this one

I really loved the flavour of this product. Most Protien Bars, taste like cardboard. This was way tastier. Also of note was the size. seemed a bit bigger than most bars, giving a more full, satisfiying feeling....no need to eat a second.

March 22, 2018

Very good tasting protein bar

I was given this protein bar for free from Chickadvisor to try and share my opinion. I have been trying to be more healthy with summer quickly approaching and therefore looking for ways to add additional protein to my diet without having to cook.

I found this protein bar to be super chewy and it’s also super sweet like the other variety of protein bar. This bar has almonds and there were lots of big pieces of them in each bar which I like. This protein bar is defiantly something I could eat on a regular basis and not get sick of but that being said I do prefer the other flavor variety of this same bar. (Cashew, salted caramel and dark chocolate).

I consumed this in the early afternoon when I was planning on doing a bunch of house work so I was doing a lot of running around and heavy lifting and felt energized and never felt like I was getting hungry which is great. I would buy these again in the future but only if the other flavor variety wasn’t available but they really are some of the best protein bars I’ve ever tried.

Pretty Tasty

Pretty good. I like the taste, but its a little too sweet for me to eat regularly.
    I think its needs to be a little salty'er to off set the strength of the dark chocolate flavour.
    As it is, its closer to a candy bar in sweetness than a natural-focused protein bar.
    Good, just not great.

Very good taste

So far the best tasting, low carb, low sugar, high protein bar that I've been able to find. The PowerBar Plant Protein Bars are high in protein, but they are also high in fat; fortunately, much of this fat is from the high nut content in the bar. These bars are packed with nuts. I almost felt as though I was eating highly compacted bird seed. They actually taste very good—too good.

#PowerBarPlantProtein
    #gotitfree

Very Tasty Bar

I really enjoyed this flavour of the protein snack bar. As with the cashew bar, this one was a little on the sweet side but I found it less intensely sweet than that one. I find the calorie count in comparison to the nutritional value a little high for a snack type product but I would definitely eat these in future as an occasional snack. Overall the texture is great, chunky and substantial with no weird texture like some protein bars seem to have. The almond and dark chocolate combo is delicious. I didn't find the sea salt very prominent.
    I would recommend these as an occasional, healthier snack.

Updated On: March 22, 2018

Forgot to add that the fact this is a vegan product is a big bonus!