PowerBar Plant Protein Almond, Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate Reviews

Suggested retail price - $16.99 for 14-count Variety Pack (at Costco)

You might also like PowerBar Plant Protein Cashew, Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2018

Protein packed granola bar

This bar tasted like a medley of a protein bar and granola bar. It had a dense, chewy texture which was very welcome. It has a better texture than a regular protein bar - I loved the nutty crunch from the almonds. I found it had a protein powder aftertaste which is the only minus.

This would be handy to have on the go or as a post-workout snack. I think this is quite a unique product!

I received this product for free as part of the ChickAdvisor review program.

Different but Good

I #gotitfree as part of product review club. I never heard of plant protein before and was bit skeptical of the taste. Looking at the ingredients, plant protein seems to be a marketing play, as it's mostly nuts. The combination of sweet and salt is good and I will take these on hiking trips for their great protein content and nutritional value.

Something Different

I got to try this for free, Chocolate is of dark variety, with large amount of seeds and nuts which give the bar a little bit of a different texture and taste than your typical snack/power bar. No issues with bar being overly soft. Has no gluten or soy or artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners which is good for health conscious. I liked the PowerBar Plant Protein Bars even if the taste was a little different for me, would recommend.

Nutritious and delicous

I have to admit when I first got this I thought how good can a plant protein bar taste right. It just doesn't sound appealing. Well It is and it's delicious. The almond sea salt and dark chocolate bar was full of flavor and chewy. I find a lot of protein bars are hard to bite into and are tasteless. Not this one. It is as good as any chocolate bar treat I have had. The best part is that it has 10 grams of protein. I don't eat a lot of meat which is full of protein so I rely on things like these to give me the protein I need. This is a perfect snack for before or after your work out.

I LIKED it

I liked this flavor the most. I LOVE almonds. With everything else, it's a great flavor profile. The texture is also nice. It's good for pre & post workout. I'd buy it.

That sea salt tho

I pretty much knew I would love this before I even tried it .. dark chocolate and sea salt my 2 favorite things inside one bar...amazing combination. The texture, price point, ingredients, proteins everything is on point. I would definitely recommend to others and would re buy for myself #gotitfree the first time 😊

Plant Protein = My Kinda Protein

Since the texture and look of the Powerbar Plant Protein is similar to a granola bar, I found it very different from your typical protein bars. Couple that with the fact that it included such great flavours as almonds, sea salt and dark chocolate I was excited to try this product. From the very first bite you can definitely taste the hints of sea salt and almonds which was a nice change from the typically bland flavouring in a protein bar. I found the size of the bar to be perfect for how much I want to consume when taking protein, I could bring it with me on the go and easily eat it after a workout (or before). The texture is chewy and light and not as tough as most protein bars which I liked.

Love it!!

I received this PowerBar free from chick advisor to try. The flavours are great and work very well with each other. There's not a overload of chocolate which is good. I am on a low to no cholesterol diet so I was glad these had no cholesterol at all and not a whole lot of fats. This PowerBar is great for a boost during the day or just for breakfast.

March 30, 2018

Super tasty and great texture

I got these free and I loved them. These weren't chalky like other protein bars. They had great texture with chocolate and real chinks of almonds and a great light sea salt taste. There was no blended mixture of ingredients forming a chalky, soft mushy texture.

Great benefits and taste

Really enjoyed this flavor of PowerBar it has all the benefits of my old brand with a much better taste 2 for the price of 1! It does not have that medicine taste that most of these types of bars have that is the biggest thing for me as that taste is a real turn off for this kind of method of a quick energy boost during the day.