PowerBar Plant Protein Almond, Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate Reviews

Suggested retail price - $16.99 for 14-count Variety Pack (at Costco)

You might also like PowerBar Plant Protein Cashew, Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2018

Nice

Of the three flavours, this one was probably my favourite, although it is sweet. I could easily spread one bar over the course of 2 mid-day snacks. Like the others, this is a plant-based protein, vegan, no artificial sweeteners, no gluten or soy ingredients snack bar. It has no shortage of almonds for added crunch and texture, and a nice mix of dark chocolate and sea salt. It's a nice mid-afternoon snack.

I received a full-sized sample in exchange for an honest review

#PowerBarPlantProtein #ChickAdvisor #gotitfree

June 23, 2018

A decent plant protein option

I found this bar way to chewy and crunchy and found my jaw actually hurt by the time I finished it. I think if the almonds were smaller pieces that may help. I could taste a hint of maple in these and the flavour was quite sweet.

2.7/5

The best one

Even though I stand as these are not good for you, I actually really enjoyed this one. The flavour was amazing, and there was a fair amount of almonds.

Delicious!

I got to try the bars through chickadvisor and love them! I eat protein bars pretty regularly so these were an easy to add in and I love dark chocolate and salt together so this was just a treat! I will definitely be buying these soon.

1.7/5

June 22, 2018

PowerBar Plant Protein will not be on my shopping list.

I was surprised how sweet the Power Bar was. I have a big sweet tooth, but I couldn't eat more than half a bar at a time. They were quite filling, but I question the bioavailability of the nutrients in this this processed bar. It was also the least tasty of the three that I tried. I was overall disappointed with this Vegetable Protein Power Bar. #IGOT IT FREE.....#GO NATURALS

tastes pretty good!

I like the crunchy almonds and the dark chocolate in this bar, they compliment each other nicely. I feel like I am eating a regular granola bar, not one with plant protein as it is not bitter or chalky tasting. I did think it was a little on the sweet side.

2.8/5

Hard To Chew

I received this free from Chick Advisor to try out. The box came with 6 bars 2 of each flavours. Each bar is 50g which is a pretty good size. First time I tried it, it was hard to chew. This might be a problem for some people. I could only eat half a bar at a time. It had a weird aftertaste. I realized that it was the pea protein. I recently tried vegan protein powder and did not like it. This flavour was the second best in my opinion. It had a fair amount of almonds. The nutritional value is okay. They were a bit too sweet for my likings. There are other products that has a higher amount of protein. I think it is a good bar but not the best "protein" bar.

Great mid day snack!

Although this was my least favorite flavour I would still say that it tops my average protein bar. Both in flavour, texture and health. This was less sweet then a normal protein bar but it provided a nice texture . I love dark chocolate and almonds together but not a big fan of salt with my sweet so I could have done without the sea salt, that's just a personal preference and I would say most would disagree. I loved this for my mid day snack as it kept me full and was convient while I ran my kids around. I would recommend this to my friends and family.

June 22, 2018

Plant Protein Bars With Taste!!

I was one of the lucky Chick Advisors that got to try the New PowerBar Plant Protein Bars - this review is for the Almond, Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate - Firstly the flavor and textures are more like a good quality granola bar - great dark chocolate flavour with almonds speckled throughout - I love that it is high in protein 10 g and no artificial sweeteners were used - I did find it a bit sweet but ate the whole thing - I would definitely purchase this quality product again

Delicious

My husband and I both really enjoyed this. Great flavor. One thing my husband mentioned is that he thinks it gives him bad gas which I say not. He still enjoyed it though. We each take one for our lunch at work to start the day off right.
    Would recommend to anyone.
    #gotforfree