PowerBar Plant Protein Almond, Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate Reviews

Suggested retail price - $16.99 for 14-count Variety Pack (at Costco)

You might also like PowerBar Plant Protein Cashew, Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2018
    3.2/5

July 06, 2018

plant protein yay, but had an odd taste

i like the added plant protein in the bar, it's always good to be able to get some extra protein in my diet, so i was hopeful for these! however, i thought that they had a kinda weird sorta taste to them? i would say a weird aftertaste, but it was more of a weird sort of initial taste, kinda bitter, that didnt last too long and then they were pretty good. Also there was something in them that was kinda hard, so the texture of them was not much to my liking. Overall i would say they were pretty decent, i probably would not buy them again though, the biggest deterrent being the hard bits in them and the texture. the almond ones were one of my favourites of the three, it was a toss up between almond and peanut.

Updated On: July 06, 2018

i forgot to mention that i got it for free from chick advisor! i was grateful i got the opportunity to give it a try!

Great

I dont even like almonds, but I loved this bar. My boyfriend also loved it. I will buy it again for sure! Such a wholesome snack for work and breakfast.

Great tasting snack.

Thanks Chick Advisor for the chance to try POWERBAR PLANT PROTEIN ALMOND, SEA SALT AND DARK CHOCOLATE for free. Let me just say, the bar was extremely satisfying and I'd absolutely consider buying it. You simply can't go wrong with dark chocolate. Just as yet, I haven't found anyone who stocks them yet though so my value rating is not exactly valid.

My favorite

I received this product free for testing purposes and must say that the sea salt flavor was my favorite. They are delicious not too sweet and good energy bars for in between meals or in the go when I needed some energy.

A decent health bar

The power bar plant protein almond, sea salt and dark chocolate bar I received free from chick advisor was a decent health bar. It did not have an odd protein taste like some bars. The chocolate evened out the healthy side nicely. This bar had a nice faint saltiness that made it a satisfying snack. The only thing I did not like about this bar was a strange after taste. That said it is something I would buy if I needed a protein source.

July 06, 2018

I really wanted to like these!

I was so excited about getting this free sample to try however I did not enjoy it. The taste it overly sweet and then it has hard balls that turn into a chalky paste. It's not for me but still worth you giving it a try. #gotitforfree

Mmmm...

Dark Chocolate, almonds and sea salt - what's not to love? The combo of sweet and salty makes this a delicious (and healthy) snack. I only wish I could bring it to work with me.

Delicious! I recommend!

All I can say, is... Wow! I love the vibrant packaging!
    I love how the packaging says 10g of plant protein & no artificial sweeteners! AND certified vegan! Beautiful product!

Just the right amount of sweet and salty, crunchy and chewy!
    I absolutely love almonds and dark chocolate!

This protein bar curbed my hunger and sweet tooth, and kept me going!
    I favor protein bars during a walk or an outting, or even before/after a workout.

I absolutely recommend this product!!
    I'd definitely buy these protein bars!

Great tasting protein bar

I received these for free to review. I really like the touch of salt you can taste with the sweet chocolate. I wish there was more salt flavour almost. They were super delicious and I like that they have a lot of protein (which you don’t taste the harsh protein taste). I wish they were a bit healthier in that there’s a lot of sugar however.

Very crunchy

There is always a bar in my bag if I or my kids will be hungry. I always looking for bars with less sugar and with lots of natural ingredients. I tried Almond, Sea salt & dark chocolate flavoured Plant Protein Power Bar in one of my trips to playground. On the package states it's naturally flavoured, hasn't artificial sweeteners, without gluten or soy ingredients, non gmo and Vegan certified. There's 10g sugars per 50g bar which is not bad compared to most of snack or protein bars.
    This bar is called protein as it contains 10g of protein per 50g bar
    I like the crunchy taste. The caramel is little bit bitterand the chocolate coating doesn't have chocolate flavour much.
    This bar contains whole almonds in caramel coating and they are really hard to bite and chew-be carefull! Also contains inulin, cane syrup, pea and rice protein crisps which are so crunchy and crispy and they are adding that wonderful texture. There are also several pumpkin seeds, almond butter, sunflower lecithin, natural flavours and sea salt, I didn't notice the last ingredient at all but maybe the added seasalt in caramel. On the bottom the bar is coated with dark chocolate flavoured coating, I really recommend to replace it with real chocolate as this coating contains palm oil which is not good for our health and our environment.
    I will recommend this bar as a quick and nutrition snack
    I received it free to try and review