PowerBar Plant Protein Cashew, Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate Reviews

Suggested retail price - $16.99 for 14-count Variety Pack (at Costco)

You might also like PowerBar Plant Protein Almond, Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate

Saskatchewan, Canada

That’s Vegan?! A PowerBar Plant Protein Review

Thanks to ChickAdvisor I got to try these 3 awesome flavours of PowerBar’s plant protein bars. Thank you ChickAdvisor & PowerBar!! Now, I got it free but I’ll always be honest!

These bars are dairy free, gluten free, soy free and vegan! (I don’t usually eat that way but it’s nice to decrease those things in my diet.)

I tried Cashew, Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate first and my first thought was “OMG that’s vegan?!” It tastes like real chocolate! This one was my favourite. The texture is great, it’s chewy and crispy all in one. I’m probably going to replace my candy bar stash with these, they taste that good and have 10g of protein to keep you full.

If you’re looking for me I’ll be in the pantry with a box of the PowerBar Plant Protein Bars: Cashew, Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate.

Loved it

It went beyond my expectations. Loved the taste and I'm actually looking to buy more. Thanks for the opportunity chickadvisor now I know what each bar tasted like before even buying mine.

June 26, 2018

Great option for a cereal bar

The bars are great, you don't even notice that the are plant based. I tried all the three flavors and I really liked them. I recommend this bars as a healthy snack. After eating one of these cereal bars you feel full.

3.2/5

June 26, 2018

Tasted great but a little on the expensive side

The PowerBar Plant Protein Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Cashew tasted really good, it was a great option for a snack on the go to toss in my bag on a busy day.

My only complaint was that when I went to go buy more I found them a little pricey compared to other options at my local store so I opted to wait until they (hopefully!) go on sale.

As far as nutrition goes, it was definitely better then some alternatives as far as the protein goes but the calorie count is pretty high, especially given the amount of sugar, so I wouldn't exactly call this a health food. If you are eating this as a meal replacement option then it isn't bad though.

What a ride

Although this still tastes better than the average bar, and better than the processed ones for sure, the taste itself is a little sweet. For a craving or an energy boost, it's perfect!

2.8/5

Good after a workout

I received this product in a sample package and was excited to try it out. The flavors sounded promising and I like to carry a few granola bars around in my purse to have handy for a quick snack for myself and my 3 year old.

I quickly came to find out that these bars are not something that either my toddler or I care for. They are dry and bitter.
    I’m happy I didn’t have to pay for it. I didn’t care for it at all. To me it didn’t have much taste and the taste was grainy and gritty like a protein powder. Perhaps this is to be expected with this type of product.

I don't plan to buy this product but would consider recommending to those who use them as a supplement to their protein intake after a workout etc.

Thanks chickadvisor for the free product and the opportunity to review.

Enjoyed this flavor

This was my second favorite flavor of the 3 samples. I figured this may be sweet when I first opened the package but it wasnt as bad as I thought, I really enjoyed it actually.

My favorite flavor!

I was sent these for free from ChickAdvisor and of the 3 flavors I received, these were my favorite! It really was a treat! Sweet and salty and delicious! It quenched my appetite for a couple of hours too which is usually why I eat protein bars. When I need to grab something quick on the go. I like that they are more like a gronala bar than the traditional protein bars which usually have a weird taste and texture.

So good

This one was so good. I was worried about how these would taste as it's a plant based protein but it was so delicious and I was pleasantly surprised..

June 26, 2018

Salted Caramel + Protein, say no more.

As mentioned on my previous PowerBar reviews, I'm usually getting asked where I get my protein, being Vegan, as if the person asking truly cares about my well being over their condescension LOL. I can't wait to whip out one of these yummy bars and tell them that THIS is where I get my protein. Texture was fab, and I can't complain about combination of caramel and chocolate. I can't wait to grab these again to keep in my gym bag and at work. So happy they released a Vegan product line.