PowerBar Plant Protein Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Reviews

Suggested retail price - $16.99 for 14-count Variety Pack (at Costco)

You might also like PowerBar Plant Protein Almond, Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate and PowerBar Plant Protein Cashew, Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate

My Favourite

Good amount of dark chocolate without any artificial sweeteners. Incredible chewy texture. Very filling after eating the whole bar. I would love to bring these bars as to go meal. I am not a huge fan of peanut butter, but the taste surprised me. My favourite bar out of three. 22% fat of daily value is higher than other bars.

June 21, 2018

Gives me the Power to hit a home run

Excellent boost of energy and tastes great. I find it less sweet than my usual brand which is a big PLUS. It is easy to transport and did not melt in my gym bag. I hit a homerun at this game as a result of getting the boost from PowerBar.

June 21, 2018

Meh... bland considering the combination

I #gotitfree to try as part of the Chickadvisor product review club.
    I love bars and eat the Kind ones quite regularly as those are my favorites.
    This has a lot of potential but was quite disappointing. Nutrition is similar to the other protein bars I eat, but taste is lacking. For chocolate and peanut butter, this was totally bland. It didn’t have an interesting texture to eat and i would have liked some actual peanuts in it to increase the flavour.

My kid liked it though so the next one is his!

Would not buy this flavour. Not a fan.

June 21, 2018

A good treat for those days you need that afternoon boost

I received two PowerBar Plant Protein Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter bars to assess free of charge from ChickAdvisor. These are different as their protein content is solely from plant-based products (peas, rice). Bottom line – they are really good. I loved the variety of textures and flavours (sweet, salt, chocolate, peanuts ). They, like the other two varieties offered by PowerBar, are gluten- and soy-free. The dark chocolate really helped with the somewhat overly sweet taste. Despite the higher protein content, which can sure help in the afternoons, they are quite high in fat (14 g) so they will be something I'll have as a special treat now and then. But something to definitely look forward to.

A tasty snack

I was able to sample the PowerBar Plant protein bars free of charge thanks to ChickAdvisor. As a vegetarian, I loved the fact the bars are made with plant based protein (pea protein & rice protein ) as I find whey causes belly bloat and it's something I really avoid.

The Peanut Butter dark chocolate flavor was one of my favorites out of the bars I received and would recommend the bar - it's a classic flavor combo that hits the mark! Truly great to enjoy instead of snacking on a candy bar!

Nutritionally, I LOVED that there is 10g of protein in a single bar and 7g of fiber in this particular bar BUT there are some BIG NO'S! to the bar - 10g of sugar is cringe worthy if you are trying to eat very healthy (though it IS BETTER than a chocolate bar but it's still very high) Also, the fat content at 14g is also WAY too high and something I generally avoid in a protein bar.

I did LOVE the bars as a treat but the sugar and fat content would also deter me from enjoying the bar more than a VERY occasional snack/ as a healthier dessert than say a chocolate bar.

Mmmmmm Peanut butter

This one is nice!!! Could use a little more chocolate in it, the peanut butter over powered the other flavours but hey it’s PB so it’s still good!! Texture was good. If you’re a PB lover then this will satisfy!!

Yum

These were delicious protein bars. I love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. They were tasty and filling. I would buy them again. A great on the go snack.

June 21, 2018

Protein Bar with no after taste

I received this plant based protein bar free from XY Stuff. I was pleasantly surprised on how well this bar tasted. Unlike other protein bars, this one had no after taste. The dark chocolate flavour complemented the peanut butter and cashews. However, it would have been nice if the peanut butter flavour was a little stronger. That being said, I will look forward to buying this bar and recommend others to do so as well.

Updated On: June 21, 2018

Oops, sorry but this bar does not contain cashews, I was thinking about the salted caramel bar.

June 21, 2018

Peanut Butter and Chocolate delight.

11 grams of protein, 7 grams of fibre, 10 grams of sugar and 150 mg of sodium. This bar has the most protein and the least amount of sodium of the three flavours. Still too sweet and a little too salty - they could cut back on both and it would be perfect. The taste is a good balance of peanut butter to chocolate. Chewy texture and filling.

Received this sample for free. #gotitfree

Tasty and rich

The dark chocolate and peanut butter protein bars are rally tasty and rich. It feels you're having a treat but actually the ingredients are really healthy and good for you. I love the fact that the nutritional values are better than most brands.
    After eating one bar I felt full for several hours, so it's a perfect mid-morning snack or after the gym treat.

I probably would add a bit of crunchiness to the bar, as it's quite soft.
    Also, in summer it can melt a bit, so keep it in the fridge!

#gotitfree