PowerBar Plant Protein Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Reviews

Suggested retail price - $16.99 for 14-count Variety Pack (at Costco)

You might also like PowerBar Plant Protein Almond, Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate and PowerBar Plant Protein Cashew, Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate

Sweet protein treat

Powerbar Plant protein dark chocolate peanut butter I got for free to try out.
    It was my least favourite bar from the 3 different flavours I have received from Chick Advisor. I don't like peanut butter that much so that's the reason I didn't fully enjoy the bar. I really like the dark chocolate in the bar.
    It is very sweet protein bar. I would recommend to people who like sweet treats.

Peanut butter was great!

I have slowly been trying to eat a more plant based diet. These bars were perfect! My favorite was the peanut butter one. I had one for breakfast and wasn't hungry for hours. I liked the little bit of dark chocolate...it made it taste like a treat, not a healthy food.
    I will definitely buy them again.

Delicious!!

This one was my favorite, for sure! It literally tasted like a candy bar. I'm a sucker for peanut butter so this one satisfied me the most! It had the perfect crunch and I didn't find any particular flavour overbearing. Love this! I would recommend this to everyone!!

2.8/5

July 01, 2018

Excellent source of protein, but taste is not that great

My husband tried this for the XY review #gotitfree, but didn’t like this. He found the balance of flavours to be off. Tasted more like a candy bar then an energy bar.
    We might purchase these again, as the protein is good for workouts or hikes, and it’s gluten free. The nuts and seeds in the bars were great!

Mmm.... chocolate!

Dark chocolate is my FAV, so I was excited to try this when I #gotitfree from ChickAdvisor. I love the smooth taste of the chocolate, and the energy from the bar. Peanuts aren't my favourite, but the mix of ingredients gave a nice variety.

Delicious

#gotitforfree
    Taste: This is the best peanut butter flavoured protein bar. The protein taste is barely noticeable until about half way through. And even then, it's just a hint. I'm not vegan, but my boyfriend is intolerant towards whey protein. It breaks him out. So he brought vegan protein powder before... and it was horrible. This barely taste like it.
    Effectiveness: For a vegan product, it has 11 grams of protein which is quite sufficient. Do note the bar is higher in calories, fat, and sugar. The nuts would make this bar higher in calories and fat, but the sugar is still pretty high.
    Overall, a good tasty bar.

Great for on the go

I was lucky enough to try this free. I really like how it has a good amount of protein. It has good texture and was chewy but not too chewy. I love peanut butter and chocolate, I felt like I was having a bit of dessert. I’m a mum with a toddler so these are great for an on the go snack.

July 01, 2018

Perfect fix for a missed breakfast

Powerbars new plant protein bars are great for after workouts, great tasting & very filling. I have already been raving to friends & family about this great new product and they have become my new go to power bar when I miss breakfast or after my workout. The peanut butter flavor is my favorite out of all the new flavors.

My favourite!

Of the three plant protein bars I tried, this was my favourite. The peanut butter flavour was what I hoped for and the dark chocolate was more. I usually don't like dark chocolate but these bars lacked the bitterness that usually turns me away! Very good!

July 01, 2018

very impressed and happily surprised

Such a different take on a protein bar and I am very very happily surprised! No chalky after taste what so ever and the perfect mix of dark chocolate with peanut butter. It's light, but filling. Moist, chew and no GMO's. This is truly the perfect protein snack