4.1/5
PowerBar ProteinPlus Reduced Sugar Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Reviews

New ProteinPlus Reduced Sugar bars deliver great tasting low-sugar energy so you’re revived and ready for the post-work spin class or soccer game. These great tasting bars contain 20 grams of high quality protein, 3 grams of sugar or less, and are gluten-free.

Please note: Contains soy, milk, and peanuts.

You might also like: PowerBar ProteinPlus Reduced Sugar in Lemon Poppy Seed
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award 2017

July 17, 2017

I wanted to like these

I received this bar for free for review. I don't have anything against artificial sugars in general, but the taste of these was very chemically (for lack of a better word).And comparing the calories to a regular powerbar...they are basically the same. I probably would skip the reduced sugar ones in the future.

July 16, 2017

Better than average protein bar

Texture was similar to that of a cake pop or thick cookie dough. Flavour was ok, could definitely still taste the protein in it so I wouldn't say it was better tasting than competing bars but for less sugar it wins points

Love them :)

Love these bars great taste and filling. Will definately be buying theses again. Great after workout snack. I eat them frequently after workout. Excellent!

Too chalky

I wanted to love this bar, but it was WAY too chaulky. It was better flavour than the lemon flavour, but I couldn't finish it. I'm a frequent protein bar consumer and I was so disappointed with these. :(

July 16, 2017

I really loved the flavour and convinience.

I was so happy to receive this package with 4 protein bars in it! I took one to work each day and had it as a recess snack. It was a great size and tasted fabulous! I was pleasantly surprised. I would definitely buy this product again and have told my friends about it as well.

July 16, 2017

I buy this product all the time

Very delicious protein bar that makes for a convenient and filling snack either before the gym or just for a little boost of energy during my day. I throw one in my purse when I'm headed out for a day of errands and its perfect!

July 16, 2017

Great post- workout snack!

I liked the initial taste of this product but the aftertaste was a little powdery and chalky, which is hard to avoid with protein bars. This product filled me up and kept me satisfied for hours. It was a great post-workout snack.

July 16, 2017

Tasty protein filled snack, perfect for on the go!

I received this product from Chick Advisor for free #gotitfree to try and give my honest review. My household watches out for sugar products and when I found out Powerbar came out with a reduced sugar version of their protein bars I was so happy!

The bar tastes pretty good, you can get the peanut butter flavour as well as the protein. Like always most protein bars have that chalky taste, this one did have a protein bar taste to it as well however the flavour made it a lot better. I am happy that it is sugar reduced so it makes me feel better about the taste. I would definitely recommend this to friends! Thanks Chick Advisor :)

July 15, 2017

This actually tastes pretty dang good

Even though I would prefer it just to be chocolate this bar was pretty good. Not like the taste of a Reece peanut butter cup but I would still buy one if I was looking for a quick pick me up without all the sugar. Priced above a regular energy bar I would definitely buy one if they were on sale.

2.2/5

July 15, 2017

The taste... No

I am a regular gym goer, so I was very happy to be receiving these free for reviewing. I was even happier to know that they were reduced sugar, because I am extremely careful about my intake. I'm going to be honest, I've had a lot of different protein bars, and ya the tastes can be up and down, but these ones were by far my least favourite. I just really didn't like them. They weren't horrible, but they are not something I could see myself getting regularly. I could barely taste the peanut butter at all, and the chocolate was very chalky. That are ok nutritional wise, I'm happy that the sugar intake is lower. Overall though this is not a bar I personally will be adding to my roster.