PowerBar ProteinPlus Reduced Sugar Lemon Poppy Seed Reviews

3.9/5
Ranked #2 out of 37 in Protein Bars

New ProteinPlus Reduced Sugar bars deliver great tasting low-sugar energy so you’re revived and ready for the post-work spin class or soccer game. These great tasting bars contain 20 grams of high quality protein, 3 grams of sugar or less, and are gluten-free.

Please note: Contains soy, milk, and almonds.

You might also like: PowerBar ProteinPlus Reduced Sugar in Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter

June 19, 2017

Filling as a snack or meal replacement

I found the Lemon Poppy seed flavour mild but delicious and loved that it contains only 3g of sugar but 20g of protein!

As a busy mom on the go one of these usually make up my breakfast ...and I usually eat them one handed right out the wrapper while im parting toddler fights or pushing a stroller

June 19, 2017

Will buy these again and again

So I'm really cautious when it comes to protein bars cause I have tried some that have been flat out disgusting , but this one was delicious and even my husband loved it . I have a really hard time eating breakfast I'm just not hungry in the mornings , so I had this when I had my coffee or tea and it was so good . I definately would recommend these

Not bad...

The lemon flavour is delicious with a touch of sweetness. Loaded with protein and convenient to throw into my bag for work or on the road. Great between meal option. I #gotitfree from Chickadvisor to test and review.

June 19, 2017

I was more excited to try the Lemon Poppyseed flavour than the peanut butter one but to be honest I ended up preferring the PB. The lemon wasn't necessarily bad, I just found it to be quite sweet and the aftertaste was more noticeable than with the other flavour. I like that these bars are packed with protein and keep me fuelled for my long days. I #gotitfree to try from ChickAdvisor.

Yummy!

I really enjoyed these powerbars that I received for free from ChickAdvisor. I have a wedding coming up, so I am trying to watch my weight, so these bars were perfect to satisfy a craving and even to replace a meal. They are very filling and kept me going until the next meal. The flavour was delicious, with a bit of a light aftertaste. I appreciate that they don't contain a lot of sugar, but still taste great. The Lemon Poppy Seed was my favourite flavour, it tasted nice and light and fun, where chocolate sometimes feels a little heavy.

Too Good

Loved this flavour. Convenient, low sugar and gluten free - packed with protein as well. Very nutritious. I love lemon and this bar tastes great. It has perfect balance of flavors. Definitely gonna buy these again.

Tastes Better Than Expected

Normally protein bars do not taste very good, or have an extremely fake taste, especially when they're reduced/low sugar. This Lemon Poppy Seed bar didn't! The flavor was really good, with just a hint of lemon and the poppy seed gave it some texture. I ate this after working out, and it fills you up surprisingly well. I'd buy these again to have on hand for workouts! If you've tried the regular Power Bars and didn't care for them, maybe give this one a chance!

2.3/5

I've had better!

I tried this flavor as well as the peanut butter one. This one you could taste the protein more than the peanut butter one. I'm not an avid protein bar eater but I have tired several and this isn't one of my favourite. I noticed it leaves a film in your mouth, definitely have water near by.

Love the Lemon!

It's a tough choice - but if I had to pick between the Power Bar Protein Chocolate and Peanut Butter and the Lemon Poppy Seed - The Poppy Seed comes out on top! Convenient, low sugar and gluten free - packed with protein too! These bars satisfy my tummy and taste amazing. So easy to grab and go. These are going on the grocery list for sure!

Yummy, and filling....

Again, I would usually taste this with hesitation thinking that the whey protein is going to make taste grainy, but it does not. It has a nice very lemony taste, not hard to eat the whole bar, and you can use as a meal replacement as it is very filling and keeps you full for a long time.

acunger earned the Food & Drink Guru badge

xsxpxixdxexrxsx has posted in the forum topic
    Your Best mascara ever ?