Qualicat Scoopable Cat Litter Reviews
#38 in Cat Litter

February 23, 2021

Good litter for the money

I found this litter at a Costco near my work. I went there because my usual Costco was selling Simply Perfect cat litter which is basically dust in a box. It's the worst.
    I like Qual Cat for the money. Is it perfect? No but its much better than Simply Perfect. I have 4 cats and need a decent litter that doesn't break the bank.

October 20, 2020

Wish I could give more than 5 stars

Qualicat is by far the best kitty litter I have ever used. It clumps properly, is easily scooping, and leaves no scent. I get twice as much product as I would from any other brand, and at approximately half the price

0.7/5

August 25, 2020

Don't buy it!

I bought this cat litter at Costco because it seemed like a great price for the amount of litter you were getting. The only pros to this is that it lasts a long time... But even that I'm not sure is such a good thing because it starts to smell really bad within a couple of days. I can't open the litter box lid without inhaling a god-awful scent. There's also a ton of dust that comes with it. It doesn't clump at all... It turns into a clay-like mess which makes it so hard to scoop out of the litter box. I've read good reviews on it before so I don't know if the formula was changed recently but I regret buying two boxes of this now. Absolutely awful!

2.0/5

January 30, 2020

Formerly the best; Now terrible

Used to be the best litter on the market for the price, but they’ve changed the formula and it’s terrible now. Clumping does not hold when scooping, smell control is gone unless you add a box of baking soda, and needs replacement more often with new formula which makes the initially inexpensive $9 price tag deceptive as you need to refill, clean, and replace way more often now. You’re basically also lugging 30kg’s of litter to the curb each garbage day. The final straw was the litter sticking to the cats paws because it turns to a mud when they pee with the new formula, which they then proceed to track with them everywhere they go!

I would recommend Almo Nature cat litter instead. The ~$26 price tag for the smaller bag is deceptively expensive until you realize that it lasts you the same time as four boxes of the Qualicat brand(aka $36 worth). Also it’s biodegradable and flushable, so you just scoop it into the toilette and done (no more garbage day dead lifts!). Smell control and clumping are excellent and the smaller amount you need in the litter box means less (mostly none except when they’re first checking it out) spilled on the floor!

July 06, 2019

Poop and scoop just got easier

I love this stuff it clumps great dosnt break when you scoop it my cats love it it smells great but it last so long .which is great and supper inexpensive

3.2/5

July 01, 2019

Full of worms!!!!! I’m still shocked!

After 3 weeks of buying this product, when I was changing the litter box and fill it with clean one, I saw some fat worms inside the box! I’m still panic about that!!

June 18, 2019

Great but Costco stopped selling it!

Fantastic product and affordable, but our Costco switched to another brand and now our 3 cats are pooping all over the place, except in their litter boxes.
    Any suggestions who else sells this?
    Thank you!

May 14, 2019

Works great for a great price

I only have the one cat, so a box lasts me a good 3 months. I cannot believe the quality and quantity for the price! I've gotten my brother and his roommate hooked on it as well. They have three cats and say the same thing, works amazingly

April 30, 2019

Great value for multi cat households

Great value for the money (especially for multi cat households). We have been using this brand for the last couple of years with our eight cat household and Love it!!

2.3/5

January 21, 2019

Formulation has changed, and not for the better!

I used to love this product but the last few boxes have definitely been inferior. I have noticed a lot of dust from the litter, actually clouds of dust when you stir it around. That is seriously not healthy for the cats. I have been trying to find someway to contact the company to find out what changed but can’t find that information.