Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter Reviews

Buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft,  healthy glowing lips. 94% of women felt lips were softer, smoother, and instantly hydrated!

April 26, 2012

I really love these. The texture is great, it has a nice slight tint to it when it's on your lips. It moisturizes very well. The price...is a bit harsh and my tube didn't last very long. I will re-purchase this, but only if it goes on sale. My tube cost around $13..

April 22, 2012

I love the texture and feel of these lip butters. The deepr hues offer great lip pigment and still feel like a balm!

3.2/5

April 11, 2012

At first I was skeptical about trying this lip butter due to the price, but because I am a sucker for Emma Stone I decided to try it. I bought the product in Peach Parfait and I love it. I used the lip butter very often because the color goes with almost anything. It is also very moisturizing and goes on really nicely. My mom even bought the same color after I did because she liked it so much. I wish it was cheaper so I could buy more, but I'm okay with the color I have now. I think it is worth a one time buy but until the price goes down a bit, or it goes on sale I'll wait before buying new colors.

April 09, 2012

I absolutely love these Lip Butters. They are so moisturizing, have amazing pigmentation, and are very sleek looking.

2.3/5

April 03, 2012

I don't even understand why I'm so excited for this review - I mean, who has not heard and read a tons of reviews about Revlon Lip Butters? I must be one of the last one to jump on the bandwagon but the reason I waited so long to try these is because these are usually around $9 and from what I have read on blogs, yes they seemed pretty and pigmented, but they did not appear to be the most moisturizing thing around here and also, there seemed to be such little quantity of product for this price.

I finally caved in when these lip butters went on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for only two days for only $3.99. I could not resist to go have a merry swatchfest at my local Shoppers right after the job, but I have been a good girl though and I left with only one! Yes it was hard because I had a hard time making my mind between Cupcake, Cotton Candy and Strawberry Shortcake, but I really wanted to start by trying one of these to decide if they were really worth the hype.

Let's start with the packaging, which I think is really a hit or miss as from what I have read on blogs, the opinions range from kitschy to classy and fancy. Honestly, a packaging is never a complete deal breaker for me, but I do think this one is cute with the quilted design on the colored cap which resembles the shade of the lip butter, the clear top which allows you to have a peek at the product inside and finally, the sleek metal barrel which contrasts nicely with he plastic cap.

The plastic cap does click firmly onto the base, however, I don't know if it's just mine that was defective, but the edge of the plastic cap are already a little cracked. Another thing is that the barrel tends to dig a bit in the butter, so you are left with a little mess after a few uses, but it's nothing major as you can pick the excess with your finger and apply it.

Cupcake is a pale pink with blue undertones and it does contain few shimmers that are surprisingly not that noticeable once applied on the lips, but I guess they contribute to that beautiful shiny finish. I was surprised at how pigmented Cupcake was as I'm used to apply a few swipes of everything I apply on my lips - whether it's lipbalm, lipstick or lipgloss - but when applied heavily, Cupcake tends to look a bit neon against my pale skintone. With one light swipe, it's absolutely gorgeous and very wearable though!

This lip butter is extremely buttery and glides super smoothly on my lips, which is absolutely delightful. The best part of Cucpake to me is that, surprisingly, it doesn't dry out my lips, but it does not moisturize them either, which is a little disappointing because of Revlon's "Hydrating mango, shea and coconut butter formula boosts lip moisture by 156%" claim. For this reason, and also because it tends to cling to dry bits and settle on the lines of my lips, I would not recommend these lip butters if you have very dry and chapped lips to begin with.

I don't think I have used a lip butter before so I was not sure what to expect regarding the lasting power, but I would say it's average, maybe about 2 to 3 hours? Cupcake does leave a slight stain of color behind after it wears off, so I'm guessing that with the darker shades, you will be left with an even nicer stain.As for the scent of Revlon Lip Butters, I can hardly smell something from Cupcake but yes, there is a very, very slight hint of vanilla, but it's nothing like MAC lipsticks, and you have to really sniff the tube to be able to smell something. I personally could not taste anything though.

I have to mention that Revlon Lip Butters are far from being natural - in fact, Revlon chose to use a widespread marketing tactik that Nivea and Covergirl also used for their respective Pure & Natural and NatureLuxe range, which consists of highlighting natural ingredients but, of course, not mentionning the "bad" ingredients. Yes Revlon Lip Butters do contain shea butter and other beneficial ingredients, but the problem is that they are scattered between chemicals such as Polybutene (first ingredient in the list), Petrolatum, Fragrance, and it also may contain Carmine - yuck!

Overall, I can't say that Revlon Lip Butters are worth $9 at all as they are not the most moisturizing products around but they are not lipsticks either, and I personally think that $9 is completely insane for such a little quantity of product (.09 oz) that barely lasts more than 2 hours on the lips... but yes, I quite liked my experience with Cupcake, and now I'm eagerly waiting for another sale to pick up some more.

2.7/5

March 29, 2012

I've heard so much about about these I had to give it and try them for myself. They got on very smooth and have a great faint smell to them. I found them to be quite light in pigment, so it was almost as if they were only a tinted balm. They melted quite easily and also the color bled a lot.

All in all it was quite a mediocre product and I would recommend sticking to a balm and tinted gloss instead.

March 28, 2012

So after hear all the hype, I decided to give it a try and LOVED it.
    It's more of a lipstick than a lip butter but it does NOT dry your lips out like some other lipsticks do. I don't normally wear lipstick because it looks hideous when my lips get dry. I always have to put on lip balm before applying any lipstick or lip gloss but not with this (which is why I love it so much).
    I currently have Candy Apple, Raspberry Pie, Berry Smoothie and Fig Jam.
    I have to say my favourite is Fig Jam. I've been using this every day so far and have not pulled out my lip balm once. As for the colour, it looks like it's going to be a dark lipstick but when you apply it, it has a reddish tint to it and makes such a beautiful colour! You can layer it on to make your lips more noticeable or apply a single layer for a casual look.
    The next favourite has to be Raspberry Pie which is a almost like a magenta colour. I like this colour and this is something I would wear when I want colour but not crazy colour.
    Berry Smoothie is a pink-rosey colour and Candy Apple is a bright red. Almost like a red you'd get after eating a lollipop or a popsicle :)

Updated On: April 04, 2012

So after hearing all the hype, I decided to give it a try and LOVED it.

I currently have Candy Apple, Raspberry Pie, Berry Smoothie and Fig Jam.
    I have to say my favourite is Fig Jam. I've been using this every day so far and have not pulled out my lip balm once. As for the colour, it looks like it's going to be really dark, but when you apply it, it has a reddish tint and makes such a beautiful colour! You can layer it on to make your lips more noticeable or apply a single layer for a more casual look.
    The next favourite has to be Raspberry Pie which is a almost like a magenta colour. I like this colour! It's fun and flirty; it's something I would wear when I want colour that's a little brighter than what I usually wear.
    Berry Smoothie is a pink-rosey colour with some shimmer to it. It's almost like a mauve.

Now, one thing that I do NOT like is the packaging. I think it looks a little cheap and it's hard to open if you have slippery hands! Before I head out the door, I like to put on some lipstick and sometimes, I put on hand cream too. It is impossible to open the darn thing after putting on hand cream! The bottom of the tube where the cap clicks onto is less 1cm -- really?!!

Overall I really like this product but the stupid cap bothers me when I can't open it!

March 09, 2012

I recently purchased a Revlon lip butter, in tutti fruiti, Its a coral orange colour, it looks very vibrant in the tube but it comes off sheer and is very build-able. I think this colour would look good with all kinds of skin tones, I have darker skin and was very skeptical about this colour, but it turned out great! However, it does tend to bleed a little, so i recommend applying lip liner before applying it.

March 07, 2012

I'd been hearing a lot of hype lately about the Revlon Colorburst lip butters from some of my favorite Youtube gurus. So I thought I'd try them out for myself. I went into shopper drug mart on Monday and bought two in the colors Pink Truffle and Brown Sugar, they were on sale too for $7.99 as they are usually $10.99. I've been using those two shades so much that today I went back and bought 3 more in the colors Candy Apple, Cherry Tart and Peach Parfait. they aren't like your average lip stick pr lip balm. As they have more pigment then the average tinted lip balm and they are way more moisturizing then a lipstick. Since I'm not a big fan of drug store make up of any kind, I was pleasantly surprised to find these lip butters to my liking. Some shades are more pigmented then others, such as Pink truffle which is a brownish pink shade that has great color payoff. Some of the shades also have a lot of sparkle, like Peach Parfait. I think all of the colors would be great for throwing into your purse, beach bag or pencil case for some lip color on the go that moisturizes.

(In the picture with the un-capped lip butters, from back to front is Candy Apple, Peach Parfait and Cherry Tart)

March 02, 2012

I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with these. They seem to have been a huge hit with the youtube community, and when I went to get some, there weren't very many colors left. I got the last lip butter in pink truffle there was, which I thought would suit my skin tone best. Even so, I was hesitant. I'm quite pale, with cool undertones, and there was more brown to the color than I had been expecting. But it was amazing. It worked perfectly. I think the color would suit just about anyone. It has a very nice creamy finish, with a very nice shine to it. And the color pay-off is spectacular. That said, I do have my complaints. The lip butter is marketed as being moisturizing, which it really isn't, at least for me. It is winter, and I live in a dry climate, but it certainly wasn't as revolutionary as promised. But compared to a regular lipstick, it's definitely the more moisturizing option. The only other problem I had with it was the packaging. It comes in a cute lipstick tube, but the product touches the inside of the container--not the cap, but the actual lipstick tube--so that when I slide it up and done to apply it and then close it, product is scraped off. And even if the lip butters aren't very moisturizing, they do have the texture of soft butter. It makes a mess, especially if it's warm.
    All in all, I like it. I wouldn't recommend taking it to the beach, but I like it. Great color pay-off, great texture, and a clear cap allows you to see the true color. Go get one before they're gone!