Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor Reviews
#16 in Lipstick

March 03, 2016

I was expecting this to be a little different than what it turned out to be, but overall it's a decent product and I'm happy with the shades I got!
    Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor is obviously marketed as a matte lip product, and it's supposed to be lightweight, moisturizing, and feel velvety. It's a gel formula and the advertising states that it's 100% wax-free. There's no mention of this being long-lasting or anything, so it's basically like a regular matte lipstick but in gel form.
    This has a kind of different scent that kind of turned me off at first. It's described as "creamy mango and whipped vanilla", but it reminds me of artificial cherry or watermelon. It's a little strong when the product is opened, but doesn't seem to last long on my lips. I asked some family what they thought of it, and they had no idea how to describe it but weren't too into it, so I could see the scent being a deal-breaker for some people.
    I bought the shades Temptation and Devotion, and they're both pretty, flattering shades. The product goes on glossy and stays that way for quite a while, which was disappointing because it says Matte in the product name. If I apply thin coats, or blot it with a tissue it becomes more matte, but the gel formula definitely gives it a shine.
    The product goes on nicely, but can be somewhat patchy. The applicator is almost like a little spatula shape, instead of the more rounded ones that I usually see. It works really well and is great for applying this quickly while still keeping it neat with clean lines, but it's larger than usual and can be a bit clumsy too.
    When I blot this down it stays on my lips for a few hours, while needing a few tiny touch-ups here and there. It definitely isn't long-lasting like other liquid lipsticks, and won't last long when I'm eating/drinking.
    I feel like the marketing for this is a bit misleading, but I like the product regardless so it isn't an issue for me. I've been using the two shades I got pretty regularly and would recommend them to others for sure (although I'd also mention that they aren't truly matte, and they have a slightly weird fragrance)!