Riversol Anti-Aging Reparative Treatment Reviews
#8 in Serums

0.8/5

October 17, 2018

Ruined my skin!

I received the Riversol 15 day anti-aging sample kit which included the serum, moisturizer, and face mask. I followed the directions and onlyused once a day before bed. The cleanser lathered really well despite using such a small amount. It says to use a dime size amount of the moisturizer, and they mean it! It took so long to rub it all in. The rest of the days I used much less. The moisturizer is very thick, and started to feel pasty/sticky by the end. It was very tempting to wash it all off but I left it. I started to feel a slight burning sensation, but was prepared for this given the change in skin care routine and trying a new product. My skin was left feeling slightly greasy, and so shiny I kept going cross eyed, distracted by something I thought I kept seeing on my nose. It was the light reflecting off my face!

By day 3 my face was turning red and kept a burning sensation all day. My boyfriend commented on it, but I brushed it off. By the afternoon of Day 4 I had an itchy burning rash all over my cheeks, jaw, and neck. It burned even more when wet (I was having a weepy day, and let's just say it only added to the tears!) Day 5 my face was almost entirely red and still burning. Day 6 is the day you start with a morning AND evening routine. I did the morning routine and by mid-day I decided I had had enough.

After I stopped using the products, my skin became incredibly dry. You could see white ashy patches, something I had never had a problem with before. I started moisturizing with a basic Olay moisturizer twice a day trying to undo what had happened to my once normal skin.

On top of my dried out skin, I noticed I now had a bunch of creases between the insides of my eyes and nose. Yep. The anti-aging kit dried out my skin, and aged it about 10 years.

Needless to say, in no way do I recommend this product, not even the free samples.

December 11, 2017

This is a great wrinkle reducer

I received a free sample of this product and i was very impressed. It reduced my wrinkles immediately after applying it. I must say tho it's a bit too expensive

1.8/5

October 13, 2017

Didn't work for me

I recently got samples of a Canadian brand of skincare for sensitive skin called Riversol. The samples arrived in a small envelope and inside was a 15-day sample kit. I got the kit for Anit-Ageing sensitive, oily skin, but they also do one for redness control.

In total, the kit included 3 sachets of cleanser, 3 of moisturizer, 2 of serum and one eye repair.

Well, I followed the routine as described and didn't really see any changes to my skin. The cleanser did what it was supposed to do, clean the skin and remove dirt etc. But then, so do many other cleansers I have tried.

The serum felt nice on the skin, but I could not see that it made any difference and although the moisturizer again felt nice and moisturized my skin without making it feel greasy, it was no better than others I had tried.

Overall, I liked the product, it worked like many other products and certainly didn't make my skin any worse. I did not see any difference in my fine lines or dark spots, but I would continue using it except for one major factor - price!

If I were to purchase all three products, a three-month supply would cost $157 CND plus tax, although they have an offer on at the moment so this is reduced to $139. I was also emailed a 15% discount coupon off my first order, so this would have been reduced further to $118.15 plus tax. But of course, you always have to be aware that for any future orders you must be prepared to pay the full retail cost of $157, that's over $50 per month. Shipping is free on orders over $89 CND.

Now I know that this is certainly within the normal price point of many mid-high-end skin care systems, but if I am paying that much money, I want it to work, and be significantly better than others on the market. I cannot say this is the case for me.

October 09, 2017

I'll buy this forever

This glides on easily and less than a pea sized amount does my face and neck. It feels a little sticky but after moisturizer that feeling is totally gone. I received this in a generous 15 day free sample of cleanser, anti-age serum, an eye serum and a moisturizer. i can't say enough good things about how well these products work together. All the products from this company are suitable for sensitive skin. I still use other serums becaise they feel luxurious but I'll use this in the cleanser-serum-moisturizer trio forever.

The sample I recived was free, all I paid was $3.00 S&H;. It isn't one of those scams that auto enrolls you after sending a "free" sample. My card was charged only $3.00 and the postage was $3.18 and it even came with a handwritten note. The company is based in Vancouver, BC, Canada and was developed by a renknowed dermatologist. Their lines are Redness Control and an Anti Aging. This company is legit and I don't hesitate to recommend trying the free sample at riversol.ca