Sally Hansen Salon Gel Nail Polish

Sally Hansen Salon Gel Nail Polish Reviews

Ranked #243 out of 1565 in Nail Polish

July 06, 2017

Wonderful Drugstore Option

I prefer having gel nails over a regular manicure because I use my hands a lot both at home and at work, so regular nail polish rarely lasts a day on me. I was intrigued with Sally Hansens gel nail formula since it's a lot more accessible than salon brands so I was hoping it would be great. And it is! It lasts about 1 week on me and the polish is very opaque and vibrant. Two coats of the colour and you're good to go.

A tip for those saying it did not last as long: When you're applying gel nail polish, it's really important that the polish does not touch your cuticles nor the skin on the side of your nails (i.e, less is more!), because this will cause the polish to lift off and you wont get the full wear time of it.

I will definitely purchase more of these.

September 28, 2016

When done properly the gel polish last me 2 weeks and a bit. I love these polish they are very pigmented and you don't need to apply a lot I made that mistake. I like that it comes with instruction.They are easy to remove. I bought mines at Closeout King for a third of the price or on clearance at Shoppers Drugmart. I have a few different colors.

2.8/5

May 18, 2016

I have started using an LED lamp to do my nails in the hopes of having the polish last two weeks. Even though I use the bas coat, the polish and the top coat as recommended, the manucure doesn't last 24 hours. It has happened more than once, and I am not very impressed with this product, unfortunately.

November 01, 2015

I purchased three bottles of the Sally Hansen Salon Gel Polishes:

Step 1: Base coat
    Step 2: Gel nail polish colour (my colour is 260 Pat on the Black, which is a beautiful deep black cherry red)
    Step 3: Top coat

I purchased all three from Wal-mart, and they retail for about $14 CAD before taxes - so, just under $50 for all three after taxes.This may seem like a really steep price, especially for a drugstore brand. However, if you were to go to a salon and get a gel manicure, you would pay almost this price for one manicure. With these products, you can get many manicures out of them.

I do like the products. I purchased my own UV light from Wal-mart, as well. It has worked well with these polishes. You just have to make sure to put a thin layer and add multiple thin layers to reach a deeper colour. If you put too much at once, you will end up with thick blobs of nail polish on the sides of your nails.

My nails are much stronger because of the gel nail polish. Also, the polish has not chipped at all in the week that I have been wearing it. The finish is extremely shiny!

My only complaint is that the polishes don't come with the gel nail polish cleaning wipes that are required for the final step. Luckily, I had some 99% alcohol at home that I used with a cotton pad instead (which after some quick Googling, I discovered was the same thing). I found that this last step was vital - otherwise, my nails were feeling a bit tacky. The quick wipe with alcohol got rid of the tackiness and added shine. Because it's so vital to the finish of the nails, I think the wipes should have been included with the polish. Other than that one con, I am extremely happy with these polishes and will be purchasing more colours in the near future!

June 15, 2015

I love this product!!! I couldn't believe have quick it was to do my nails with a gel quality! no smudges bumps or nicks out of my nails waiting for them to dry. I do however wish there was more of a colour selection, but it is also quite possible that was just the store I was at.

March 31, 2015

I am in LOVE. I applied this polish to my toes 5 weeks ago, no chips, still sparkly and looks fantastic! Such an easy system to use :)

Vavavanessa has started a new forum topic
    It Cosmetics

Pammywhammy845 has posted in the forum topic
    book "Women who love too much"

yummygood earned the Food & Drink Guru badge