Schmidt's Rose + Vanilla Natural Deodorant Reviews

ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2021

November 29, 2020

Good for a natural deodorant

I had never tried a natural deodorant previously and was excited to try this one. The smell was a bit strong when I first opened the top, but it was just right when it was on. The texture of the actual deodorant was not what I was expecting. It wasn't smooth like traditional deodorants, it was a bit rough. The first day I wore it I really liked it and was pleased with it. The second day I was more active and noticed by the end of the day it wasn't working as well as I would have liked. Had I reapplied mid-way through the day it would have been okay.

Efficace, mais trop parfumé

J’ai reçu le déodorant Schmidt’s ROSE + VANILLE NATURELLE gratuitement à des fins d’essai. J’avais déjà essayé une autre de leur variété et j’avais été emballée alors j’étais ravie d’avoir été sélectionnée à nouveau. Ces produits offrent un parfum durable qui contient une fragrance naturelle, mais dans ce cas-ci l’odeur de roses prend beaucoup de place et ça m’est devenu agressant au bout de quelques heures.
    Les points positifs resteront toujours que la formule ne contient ni aluminium, ni propylèneglycol, ni parabènes, ni phtalates, ni parfum artificiel, ni agent de remplissage. A l’application, la sensation est non grasse et non collante. Il faut cependant l’appliquer doucement car il devient rapidement crémeux et il est facile d’en mettre trop.

Bref je recommande ces produits chaudement, mais pas particulièrement cette variété qui a été trop parfumée pour moi.

November 29, 2020

Non sticky feeling all day!

I hate those deodorant that gives you a sticky greasy feeling all day, but this one definitely doesn't!!

2.0/5

Smells good, but messy.

I was very excited to receive this sample to test courtesy of ChickAdvisor. I absolutely love the rose and vanilla scent - rose being the predominant smell. Upon first application, I could feel how grainy this deodorant is. I do not like the texture at all when applying it. It feels like I'm rubbing sand under my arms - no matter how slow or lightly I apply the product. I left it for a few minutes to melt before wearing my clothes, but it still left a bit of residue on my clothes. The smell is great, but I just can't get over the rough texture.

Aluminum Free Deodorant

If you’re tired of deodorants free of aluminum you should check out @schmidtsnaturals

Their unique recipes are always built upon our core DIY principles including essential oils and trending natural ingredients. They never use fillers and are always looking for new plant-based or mineral-based ingredients that can unlock new benefits.

This Rose+Vanilla deodorant has a long-lasting rose scent with hints of sweet, warming vanilla.
    I have never used a natural deodorant so I did not know what to expect and I was pleasantly surprised. It keeps me smelling fresh throughout the day.
    However, the texture and application are a bit different. It has a light brown colour and it’s easy to use, just hold it a few seconds under your armpit to let your body heat melt it. You only need to do 2 swipes and it fully covers your armpit but it leaves a grainy residue when you apply it- which eventually melts. It’s very moisturizing, prevents leave me with a nice rose scent throughout the day!

Not for me

This product packaging is actually quite nice and would definitely draw my attention to it in stores. I also loved the deodorant part of it as I can't use antiperspirant, since my skin gets itchy from them. This deodorant went on really smoothly and didn't leave any residue on my clothing. It helped me stay fresh till my next usage of it. My only complaint for it was that it wasn't the right smell for me, I would recommend this to more of an elderly audience as it seemed more of a smell for them. Other than smell (which is why I only gave it 3/5 stars) this product was awesome.

Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada

I would like to but this product..

I would like to buy this product in different flavor..................its has very refreshing smell but i would definitely try with other flavor..............,,,,,,,,😊probably buy it again.............................

smell great

I love this deodorant. Perfect for anyone that does not like chemicals in their deodorant. Love the Rose Vanilla scent glides on well and does not leave a residue. Provides sweet and order protection all day long.

November 29, 2020

Great for the all natural deodorant lovers!

I just want to say thank you for letting me try this product chickadvisor!
    So, I love the packaging, it’s so cute and feminine. I love the fact that it is all natural! When I went to use it I was surprised at the consistency of it, sort of feels like a body scrub when you put it on, but it dries into your skin fairly quickly. I loved the smell, like fresh roses! It definitely worked very well, the smell lasted all day and into the next day as well! I do think it is a little pricey, but if you love an all natural deodorant this one is definitely for you! I will continue to use it and most likely purchase it again with my coupon !

A Delicate Deodorant

Firstly, I would like to thank Schmidt's and Chickadvisor for considering me for this campaign- I truly appreciate it.
    Secondly, I would like to note that this is a deodorant and NOT an anti-perspirant, so it will not stop you from sweating, rather it will keep you de-odorized or smelling fresh.

Now, on to my experience:

When I first opened the package, the little deodorant stick was cute and feminine. I opened the cap and, honestly, was not fond of the scent. It smelled so weird to me the first time I smelt it. However, I thought the little sparkles throughout the deodorant were cute and dainty.

I tried it a few days later after my shower on freshly shaved underarms. I had no irritation- which is really good. I applied the deodorant and it actually smelt like fresh roses to me when I applied it to my skin- very pleasant! I do not really smell any vanilla hints when applying it, but just fresh roses. The scent lasted for about a day for me, I realized I smelt like roses every time I moved (however, nobody else smelt it on me). By the second day, I could smell sweat coming through- which meant I would have to wash and reapply, which I do not have to do with my traditional Dove deodorant. It did, at the start, cause a little bit of sinus irritation, but I am sensitive to deodorant scents.

I also think it is important to note that the application is slightly gritty, which I actually think is pleasant as it gently exfoliates underarms for lighter underarms. It dries smooth and does not remain gritty.

I am not sure if this deodorant prevents any sort of underarm staining as I only wore dark colors. My only gripe with the deodorant is that you have to use more product than a traditional deodorant, pay more for it, and get less. (I have to reapply it every day or so, it's expensive as far as deodorant goes, and the sticks of it have less grams than other, cheaper deodorants). You are paying for more natural ingredients to be fair- which is something I appreciate about this deodorant.

If you have a coupon or it is on sale though, I would recommend checking it out! Be sure to smell the deodorant before you buy it however as you are largely paying for the scents and the natural ingredients!