Schwarzkopf Root Retoucher Reviews

Temporary root cover spray that instantly covers lighter and grey regrowth in a few seconds. Available in 6 colours

Le vaporisateur temporaire correcteur de racines qui couvre instantément les repousses moins foncées et le gris en quelques secondes. Disponible en 6 couleurs

July 12, 2018

Great result if you choose the right shade

The key with this product is to find the right shade, which admittedly is not easy. I've tried the root retoucher in two different shades. The first time I chose the lightest blonde colour and it was too ashy and did not look good. The second time, I tried the dark blonde and it was a perfect match! So much so that it produced a better result than any other root retoucher I've tried - and I have tried many. My hair grows really fast and there is a ton of grey so I always need a product to cover the grey without looking obvious between salon visits.

The spray format takes some practice as it is easy to get droplets on your clothes if you aren't careful. I use a bit of toilet paper right at the hairline where I'm spraying so that I don't end up with droplets on my face or clothes and that works perfectly. Then I blend a bit with my fingers after spraying and you can't tell at all that I've just covered my roots. The colour lasts all day.

This product is a huge lifesaver for me. The grey coverage is excellent. I like the precision of the spray nozzle. You've just got to get the colour shade right, which may take more than one try.

* I used extras from the recent product review club program we ran for this, but would definitely buy it on my own.

April 11, 2018

Not thrilled !

I tried this new item. I usually use Loreal root rich up. This was on sale. I selected my normal Color, I used same way as instructed. My roots looked grey instead of covered! I thought this would provide me with same results as Loreal since it was same shade. I was wrong. Still had roots showing and won't buy again.

0.7/5

April 10, 2018

Worse root cover up ever!

Schwarzkopf Root Retoucher! #gotitfree I received my product without instructions , so I figured I could use it with no problems . Wrong,it was a mess from the start,I shook it up to make sure it was blended together. When I applied it to my roots it just went everywhere,it was thin and watery. I applied as much as I could get out of the bottle. There wasn't much in the bottle. I have short hair and it wouldn't even cover up half of my roots. Maybe the bottle wasn't full and maybe it got cold or frozen in transport. Whatever was wrong with it didn't help my roots any. Very disappointed with this product . I won't be purchassing it or ever using it again. I got left with half my roots done and half not done. I had to dye my hair to cover up the mess it left.

April 09, 2018

Great for a quick fix

I bought this product as a quick fix to covering my greys between colours. Works well and covers greys completely without much effort. The only issue is that if you touch your hair, you definitely get a coloured residue on your hands.

March 21, 2018

covered grey roots nicely

I bought this for my mom after seeing many good reviews on it. she had dark brown hair but every time she colours her hair her grey roots show quickly. The Schwarzkopf root retoucher worked pretty well and covered her roots nicely. If you spray it directly onto your roots it leaves residue on you scalp so she has to put paper underneath her scalp or apply it on an angle.

March 13, 2018

Not the biggest fan for myself, worked alright for my mom

I would have to say this is a hard one. Mainly because "blonde" is a very blanket statement for a hair colour. I personally am and always have been a very white blonde, while my mom is your average mid range dirty blonde. This is waaaay too dark for my hair color, but worked perfectly for my mom's. Color aside I don't not like how it felt in my hair, I have rather thin hair, and there was just something about it. Personally not for me, but my mom with keep the rest to us when she need a quick touch up and she doesn't mind it at all.

3.2/5

March 11, 2018

Great for touch up

This is great when you need a spot treatment, it's a quick easy spray and your done. You do have to be careful it does shoot out quickly, I suggest to spray from a further distance. The colour does transfer a bit to fingers, but I have had no issue with transferring from hair to clothes or anything, always will have this on hand.

March 10, 2018

Give this Product a Try!

This product was extremely easy to use, very tiny spray nozzle, great coverage, worked really well. I even noticed that it made my hair look thicker. I could only find one issue, the colour does come off on your fingers if you put them through your hair, and I would be worried if I was caught in the rain, it would run. Otherwise, this is a great product to use for a quick cover of grey without the salon cost & time.

2.7/5

March 09, 2018

it's just ok!

I found the color to be a little to dark and it didn't match my hair! The product also dripped on my face! So for me it was ok! It did cover my roots but I could see the difference in colors.

3.2/5

March 07, 2018

Not for me

I purchased this because it was on sale for an emergency rather than dying my hair 2 days before an event. I was not happy with the instructions really confusing I had to look it up. Also not a fan of the sprayer. It's not precise and you don't get even coverage. Also hard to wash from skin