Schwarzkopf Root Retoucher Reviews

Temporary root cover spray that instantly covers lighter and grey regrowth in a few seconds. Available in 6 colours

Le vaporisateur temporaire correcteur de racines qui couvre instantément les repousses moins foncées et le gris en quelques secondes. Disponible en 6 couleurs

February 20, 2019

I have decided to stop colouring my hair and currently have 2 inches of grey which doesn’t look great. This is the perfect product for temporarily covering the gray when I want to look my best while my hair grows. It goes on easily, and blends very well. Any colour that gets on my face or hands washes away easily with a little soap and water. Looks very natural and gives my hair a little body. I Set the colour with a touch of hairspray and it lasts for a few days. I wish I had tried this years Ago!

January 20, 2019

Great cover up product.

Love the ability to quickly cover up my grey between colorings. Helps to give a little lift (volume) at the roots for my flat hair. Would prefer a larger size can. Pricing is high.

January 10, 2019

j'achète ce produit et je l'aime beaucoup

Vraiment un bon produit dépanneur ,très efficace , je utilise régulièrement et je suis très satisfaite.laisse une bonne odeur ,ne laisser aucune pellicule indésirable ,vraiment recommander.

2.7/5

January 09, 2019

Now i get why is in special everywhere . The product covers the grays somehow but stain everything even you nails when you scratch your hair ,pillowcases etc..
    Pretty disappointing. Got for the cheaper product and this is what you get.

October 26, 2018

I have been using Toppik fibers to fill in thin spots and decided to try Root Retoucher for the same purpose. Colour is perfect and I didn't find it rubbed off. I am having a bit of an issue with the sprayer...I think a pump spray would be better and not so "forceful" as I end up with blobs on my face, neck and the sink! What am I doing wrong? Am I holding the sprayer too close??? I think the "delivery system" could use some tweaking. It does fill in the pink scalp nicely and doesn't clump like Toppik does.

2.2/5

August 23, 2018

The color of the dark blonde is exactly what I was looking for. However, there are no instructions on the can and no other product information included. For instance, how far away from your head are you supposed to hold the can when you spray the product? It must be more than eight inches because I ended up with spots on my scalp, and I did shake the can very well. For the price, I paid $15.99 CDN, the quality and attention to detail and concern for customers is not there.

1.3/5

August 21, 2018

After spraying hair looked great and roots were covered . Went out for a fast walk came home looked in mirror and the product had transferred on to my forehead haha . It’s like a powder after spraying don’t scratch your head you will get all over your fingers and nails .
    Not a happy camper !

August 13, 2018

Not for mec

I bought the root retoucher and although it works good , I found that when you spray it, it’squite noticeable because it runs into the part line of the hair. It’s hard to get close to the hair line as it will spray all over your face, not so pretty. It’ll also run when your hair gets wet and stains all your hats on the inside, and doesn’t really wash out. A waste of my money for me , might work for others.

0.5/5

July 18, 2018

This temp spray is terrible . It sprays all over everything even when you spray at quite a far distance . It comes off with the slightest touch. I can’t use it AT ALL without worrying that I have hair dye all over me and my clothing (brunette). Have used L’Oréal a lot and it is amazing and amazingly different !

July 12, 2018

Great result if you choose the right shade

The key with this product is to find the right shade, which admittedly is not easy. I've tried the root retoucher in two different shades. The first time I chose the lightest blonde colour and it was too ashy and did not look good. The second time, I tried the dark blonde and it was a perfect match! So much so that it produced a better result than any other root retoucher I've tried - and I have tried many. My hair grows really fast and there is a ton of grey so I always need a product to cover the grey without looking obvious between salon visits.

The spray format takes some practice as it is easy to get droplets on your clothes if you aren't careful. I use a bit of toilet paper right at the hairline where I'm spraying so that I don't end up with droplets on my face or clothes and that works perfectly. Then I blend a bit with my fingers after spraying and you can't tell at all that I've just covered my roots. The colour lasts all day.

This product is a huge lifesaver for me. The grey coverage is excellent. I like the precision of the spray nozzle. You've just got to get the colour shade right, which may take more than one try.

* I used extras from the recent product review club program we ran for this, but would definitely buy it on my own.