Shimmer Lights Shampoo Reviews
#224 in Hair Care

June 21, 2018

Perfect for my Balayage

I got a dusty blonde/brown balayage and my friend (with silver hair) recommended Shimmer Lights to me. It really keeps your hair in the same condition that you leave the salon in! At first I only used it once a week but still found my hair to be brassy, but I discovered a neat trick where you apply to your hair dry and let it sit for 30 minutes before washing it out and I have noticed night and day differences. People keep complimenting my hair and wondering if I toned it or redid it professionally.

June 19, 2018

Absolutely amazing for blondes!

This is my absolute favourite purple shampoo for blonde hair. It gets rid of any brassy tones, but won’t turn your hair purple. Kept my hair platinum for months! Only con is the smell isn’t that great and it can be drying so use a good deep conditioner.

May 05, 2018

Does the job

This purple shampoo does take the brassy out of my hair, but it is a little expensive and is quite drying to the hair , I normally just use it on my roots

April 03, 2018

Best for blonde or silver tones

I had a really nice grey and silver balayage done recently and was looking for something to help with over drying and brassiness. I have really hard water so it's really hard to keep my color. The shimmer lights shampoo worked so well! it made my hair feel super healthy and moisturized and kept the color looking fresh!

April 03, 2018

Works Everytime

This is the only shampoo that gets the brass out of my ash blonde hair. Keeps the colour how I want it so I don’t have to revisit the salon monthly.

January 22, 2018

keep the brass out of you blonde or silver hair

I recently had some Silver highlights added to my hair, and was looking for a shampoo to help keep the yellow, and brassiness away. After searching reviews and you tube videos, I purchased Clairol Shimmer Lights Shampoo. I use it two ways, A couple times a week in the shower, leave on the hair for 5 minutes and rinse out. I find it works very well to keep the brassiness away. I also tried it on dry hair, as per some you tube videos, I applied the product to dry hair and let it sit for 1 hour before rinsing out, this technique really worked well for bringing back the silver colour to my highlights, I would probably use this technique monthly, as I do find this shampoo to be on the drying side, it works reasonably well for it's price point.

1.5/5

January 19, 2018

Unfortunately, I would never buy this product again.

This product has a great price but it was awful on my hair. I have been blessed with naturally curly hair, and this product strips all of the moisture out of it leaving it feeling like straw. Sadly dissatisfied with this product, and I had very high hopes for it.

January 17, 2018

Purple shampoo

This shampoo is a must have for blonde hair! Keeps it from getting that brassy tint to it also if you use it enough I find it actually lightened my hair. The price isn’t too bad either

October 12, 2017

My favourite shampoo

This has become my favourite shampoo. I have been having troubles keeping my hair a perfect white, it likes to go really yellow. First wash with this shampoo and there was not a sign of yellow left in my hair. It is now a perfect white blond!

September 04, 2017

Beautiful and Bright!

Best shampoo I've tried in years! Keeps my blonde highlights the white blonde I like. Leave it in for only 2 minutes and discover the most beautiful colour your hair has to offer.