Shimmer Lights Shampoo Reviews

2.8/5

January 23, 2019
    New Brunswick, Canada

Brass gone but Purple present

Everyone’s hair is different and I usually don’t like giving a bad review. I left the shampoo in for the time indicated and also used the conditioner as directed and everyone it would leave significant traces of purp’e In my hair. It did not only take out the brass but it left deposits in my hair. I would recommend buying a salon shampoo for platinum blond hair.

November 14, 2018

Highly recommend

I've used this shampoo everytime I've gone from dark to light hair and it is amazing. It's difficult to dye hair from dark to light without it turning it orange at first. I've used this shampoo and it makes such a difference. Everytime I used it I get asked if I've dyed my hair again because the results are so drastic. If you already have bleach blonde hair and try to use it, it may make your hair look a bit purple though.

August 07, 2018

BEST PURPLE SHAMPOO EVER

i was given this shampoo when i was younger after i died my hair (originally brunette died blonde). i absolutely raved and loved this stuff back then. Then i decided to stop dying my hair for almost 10 years and when i decided this year before my wedding to dye my hair blonde again my hair dresser recommended i try this shampoo. she gave me the bottle and OMG was i ever excited and shocked! this product is still around and works just as great as it did when i was younger! I LOVE THIS STUFF>. no brassy colours, always fresh and blonde. love it

June 21, 2018

Perfect for my Balayage

I got a dusty blonde/brown balayage and my friend (with silver hair) recommended Shimmer Lights to me. It really keeps your hair in the same condition that you leave the salon in! At first I only used it once a week but still found my hair to be brassy, but I discovered a neat trick where you apply to your hair dry and let it sit for 30 minutes before washing it out and I have noticed night and day differences. People keep complimenting my hair and wondering if I toned it or redid it professionally.

June 19, 2018

Absolutely amazing for blondes!

This is my absolute favourite purple shampoo for blonde hair. It gets rid of any brassy tones, but won’t turn your hair purple. Kept my hair platinum for months! Only con is the smell isn’t that great and it can be drying so use a good deep conditioner.

May 05, 2018

Does the job

This purple shampoo does take the brassy out of my hair, but it is a little expensive and is quite drying to the hair , I normally just use it on my roots

April 03, 2018

Best for blonde or silver tones

I had a really nice grey and silver balayage done recently and was looking for something to help with over drying and brassiness. I have really hard water so it's really hard to keep my color. The shimmer lights shampoo worked so well! it made my hair feel super healthy and moisturized and kept the color looking fresh!

April 03, 2018

Works Everytime

This is the only shampoo that gets the brass out of my ash blonde hair. Keeps the colour how I want it so I don’t have to revisit the salon monthly.

January 22, 2018

keep the brass out of you blonde or silver hair

I recently had some Silver highlights added to my hair, and was looking for a shampoo to help keep the yellow, and brassiness away. After searching reviews and you tube videos, I purchased Clairol Shimmer Lights Shampoo. I use it two ways, A couple times a week in the shower, leave on the hair for 5 minutes and rinse out. I find it works very well to keep the brassiness away. I also tried it on dry hair, as per some you tube videos, I applied the product to dry hair and let it sit for 1 hour before rinsing out, this technique really worked well for bringing back the silver colour to my highlights, I would probably use this technique monthly, as I do find this shampoo to be on the drying side, it works reasonably well for it's price point.

1.5/5

January 19, 2018

Unfortunately, I would never buy this product again.

This product has a great price but it was awful on my hair. I have been blessed with naturally curly hair, and this product strips all of the moisture out of it leaving it feeling like straw. Sadly dissatisfied with this product, and I had very high hopes for it.