St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Exfoliating Facial Scrub Reviews

Apricot Scrub deep cleans, instantly leaving skin smooth and glowing.

Product  Benefits
- Dermatologist Tested
- Hypoallergenic

Key Ingredients
Apricot, Corn Kernel Meal, Walnut
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award 2018 ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award 2017

July 05, 2019

It's kind of not okay

It's pretty rough for my face so I'd rather use it on rough places on my body and of works fine. Don't recommend scrubbing your face with it though. Buy the green one or one with a less harsh exfoliating factor (should tell you on the back of the tube)

2.2/5

July 04, 2019

Not good face scrub

This kind of facial scrub will leave microscopic tears in your skin which cause and accelerate the signs of aging. I love exfoliators but this one is a definite no for me

July 04, 2019

Too harsh. Exasperated skin problems.

While some people might find this scrub beneficial, I found it way too abrasive. It only aggravated my pimples and made my skin really dry which in turn made me very oily. Most dermatologists advise a gentle skin care regime and every since I switched to mild exfoliants (powders or chemical), my skin has been wonderful. It's clear and I wear less make up. The only good things about this scrub are that it's good value and smells nice.

July 03, 2019

Microtears

I have been using St Ives on my face since I was 15, but in the last 6 months I’ve realized it has contributed to my acne over the years. After doing some research I found the brand’s exfoliants are harsh enough to leave mircotears on the skin, causing more breakouts and acne in the long run. If you’re looking for a great scrub, this is it. It’s moisturizing and scrubs the dead skin off, it’s affordable and smells great.. BUT DO RESEARCH BEFORE. Your skin may be able to handle it but MINE COULD NOT! And I didn’t know for years!

2.7/5

May 30, 2019

Very harsh on sensitive skin; contains walnut shells

Although labelled as a apricot scrub, this is actually a walnut shell scrub with apricot fruit extract. Walnut shell is very harsh on sensitive skin and it will damage the skin if used every day. The scrub does exfoliate very well, but I found it to be far, far to strong to use on my skin.

I have used this scrub off and on for many, many years and I it was only recently that I clued in that it was what was causing skin issues for me. Once I dropped it and replaced it with a much more gentle exfoliant my skin improved enormously.

May 15, 2019

Bad for the skin!

Walnut scrub is extremely harmful for the skin long-term. It creates micro lesions. It seems effective on the first try but its dries the skin pretty quick.

2.7/5

April 19, 2019

Too harsh on skin.

This product was my go to for many years until I went to a dermatologist for a different issue and he told me to stop using this on my face because he could see scarring. The beads are too harsh on your skin, I never even scrubbed my face hard ever and the beads did damage to my face. Be wary!

April 13, 2019

Broke me out!

I recently used this scrub and it did not work for me. My skin got very irritated and broke me out. I won't be using it again. Olehenriksen is a way better scrub and natural. I won't advice on using this scrub. Do a patch test before using it.

April 03, 2019

It was ok

I have used st Ives products before, so I was excited when I purchase this product at Walmart, I love facial scubs but I gonna say I didn’t love this one for reason the smell was terrible but it did make my smoother.

April 03, 2019

I wouldnt buy this product again

I bought this product recommended by a friend. I felt the texture of the scrub to tough on the skin. And it really had a strong smell that didn’t wash off completely. For the price I paid not worth or up to quality.