Amazing

St tropez in shower gradual tan Reviews

Ranked #50 out of 146 in Self-Tanner

April 29, 2017

This is the first in-shower self tanner that I have ever used, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I received a luxury size sample of this in a bonus beauty bag from shoppers after spending $150 dollars on skin care products. Anyway, I was nervous about trying this, because many years ago, when I was in high school, I tried a self tanner and looked like trump. (Can I say that here? Or is that fake news?) The bottle says light to medium skin and I personally have olive undertones. As a kid, I was olive all year but in the summer I always got deep brown and very seldom did I ever burn. As an adult, i am wayyy more pale. Soooo I thought what the heck and so I did it. I followed the instructions on the back of my tiny sample ( which btw was tiny even though it was a luxury size) so I did my normal shower, exfoliat, shave, wash, and then my hair.. I turned off the shower, then I took the st tropez and began to rub the pruduct in circular motions, all over my body. The product comes out a little darker than a gold color with a slight tinge of green and is thick consistency and very creamy. The smell isn't terrible. I put this everywhere except my face. Then washed the palms of my hands, and waited for 4-5 mins. The bottle says 3 mins but I lost track of time while tweezing my brows lol. Anyway, I washed it off with lukewarm water and patted dry. The actives work over the next 8 hours. So at the end of the day I wasn't sure if I even noticed a difference. (Should have done before and after pics) I used it for 3 days in a row before I noticed that the bottle said light to medium color... duh. Anyway, I didn't notice much of a tan really, but on the 5th day .. 2 days since the final application, I went swimming and my friend said my skin looked completely even and super bronzey.
    Final thoughts are:
    This would be great for lighter skin tones if they want to be darker.
    This had no orange tones at all.
    That tiny luxury size bottle still has enough to do 2 more applications. So it goes a long way. I may even grab a bottle of this for middle of winter because I didn't notice color on my olive skin, however, my friend was right!! I was Even-Steven all over.
    Since I did not buy this product, I checked it out on the shelf, and it seems to be slighty more pricey than a few other brands but, to not look like trump, is worth it to me. Also , a little goes a long way for sure.
    Side note..I picked up the starter kit from St tropez to give a whirl. I have not given up on a beautifully-tanned, sunless body.
    Stay tuned

1.5/5

October 14, 2016

Very disappointed in this product! Was so excited to try it and was even more excited when I found it in winners for 19.99! However that excitement turned to disappointment when after the third time of use I still hadn't developed any type of colour! I used this in the shower every second day for a week and did not notice any difference. Would definitely not recommend and certainly not at full retail cost!

June 26, 2016

I was really hoping this product would work. It claims to be a 3 minute self tan used in the shower to get a buildable glow. I've used this a number of times without much luck with getting a natural colour. I didn't see any results. I found the smell that lingers after you wash off to not be my favourite, but for a self tanner it isn't bad. It is easy to apply but I wish I got a better colour pay off in the end.