Prestige Item
Sunday Riley Good Genes Reviews

April 16, 2021

Love this

I love the product. It’s transformed my skin. I’ve had dark spots from old acne on my face forever and this product has noticeably faded them. It’s really expensive but it’s the only product that I’ve used so far that actually works for what I need it for. Definitely pick this up

April 09, 2021
    Texas, United States

Have you heard the buzz?

Have you heard the buzz about the Sunday Riley's Good Genes All in 1 Lactic Acid Treatment?

Benefit: Anti-aging, Collagen Boosting, Melanin Reduction, Scar Treatment
    Face Treatment Type: Night
    Form: Serum

How To Use:
    * Apply one or two pumps to clean, dry skin as a leave-on treatment.
    For sensitive skin, try as a mask: -Apply one to three pumps to clean, dry skin and leave on for 15 minutes. -Rinse well and pat dry

Highlighted Ingredients:
    * Purified Lactic Acid: Hydrates and exfoliates the surface layers of skin, smoothing its texture, improving the look of fine lines and wrinkles, and visibly clarifying blemishes.
    * Licorice and Lemongrass: Brighten the appearance of dark spots and skin discoloration.
    * Prickly Pear Extract: Soothes the appearance of surface redness and sensitive skin.

The scent of lemongrass is apparent the moment you apply onto the face, it is citrus-y. Lactic acid in the product is meant to deeply exfoliate and renew skin. Upon application your skin looks more radiant and hydrated. I love that there is also aloe and licorice in the ingredients. I apply it to my face before my moisturizer in the P.M
    With continued use, the appearance of stubborn hyperpigmentation and the visible signs of aging are reduced for a healthier-looking complexion.

Vegan • Cruelty-free • Gluten-free

March 16, 2021

Acne scaring lightened

I received a sample of this product from my points redemption at Sephora. I have been struggling with acne breakouts on my chin, and was hoping this would help. Asked the clerk before redeeming, and she said yes. It really depends on what you’re looking for this to do for you. In my case, I had current, active acne, in addition to light acne scaring. This product helped lighten my acne scaring in a short period of time, however didn’t really do anything for my active acne. I was impressed at how light my dark spots got. I only was using it nightly for around a week before I noticed a significant difference. I could imagine long term use would do wonders if you are willing to spend the money. It also smells really fresh. Not too strong, nor chemically smelling like a lot of acne products. Price is pretty steep, so definitely be sure it is something that is aimed to fix your specific concerns before buying. If I ever need to lighten scaring in the future, I’ll definitely be looking back into this product.

March 14, 2021
    Colorado, United States

The best!!

I love this serum!! I’ve been using this product for over two weeks and I can definitely say my face looks brighter and it has glow. My pores are smaller and the fine lines and wrinkles are less noticeable. That’s a plus!!! I use it on my night routine after A+, Luna and before moisturizer. Highly recommend.

March 09, 2021

Oh so good

Sunday Riley creates powerful skincare products with high-tech formulas that deliver fast, visible results. This product can be used day or night, I decided to incorporate it into my nighttime routine.
    This product is gentle enough to apply daily so I have been using it it every night since it arrived.

Being a lactic acid newbie myself, I was super excited to try out Sunday Riley’s Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment. Good Genes is light yet hydrating and leaves the skin feeling smooth, plump, and dewy without much of a residue. I loved the citrusy- floral scent and it took me to a place of deep relaxation when I would put it on. I love being able to smell a product after I have used it. I’m a citrusy loving girl so I was excited the first night I applied it. If you have ever been on the ride soarin at Disneyland you’ll know what I am talking about when I say it smells like a citrus grove and a fresh field of tulips. Amazing!

After applying Good Genes the first time, my skin felt firmer, softer, and more hydrated once the product had fully absorbed. So far, I love this product for its exfoliating effects and will keep you posted if I notice a significant lightening of dark spots.

February 10, 2021
    Wisconsin, United States

Phenomenal results!

I've been searching for a product that effectively rejuvenates, moisturizes and helps lighten dark spots on my face. My search has ended here with this amazing product by Sunday Riley! After just one use my skin looked radiant, a bit more plump and noticeably healthier. After several days of use I started to notice my pores were smaller and the dark spots that have lived on my forehead for years were less pronounced. Good Genes is so rich that I don't even need to apply moisturizer after using it! I cannot wait to see how my skin looks after several months of use!

February 08, 2021
    United States

Holy Grail!

I loved everything about this product. First off, the smell is amazing. It's clean and fresh and lemongrass goodness. It does tingle a bit going on if you're not used to using lactic acid. It makes my skin feel so smooth and I am so pleased to have this as part of my routine.

2.3/5

February 05, 2021

Not for sensitive Skin Or Noses

I do not like this product. It is extremely strong smelling, It was super itchy, it barely touched my fine lines and it didn't touch the oil build up at all. This product is not worth the money if you have a sensitive nose or skin. I followed the instructions to a T. Clean, Dry Face. CHECK. 2-3 Pumps for Sensitive Skin. CHECK. Wash off after 15 Minutes. CHECK.

NOT WORTH.

December 19, 2020
    New Brunswick, Canada

Sample Review

So funny!! at first glance I thought this was an exfoliant to use in the shower and wash off; then read the packet a little more closely - and saw it was a serum type product. Firstly - it’s SO hard to review a product off a one-use sample, but based on just that, I would have to say I quite liked it :) Its definitely pricey $112-162CAD at #Sephora but I do like it’s pthalate/paraben free. It’s a white lotion type and felt gentle and quite moisturizing (I don’t know why I assumed it might tingle or even burn being a treatment). I feel like it did leave my skin better than before I used it in appearance, more even and in feel, moisturized. (especially compared to the Tatcha Violet-C Brightening Serum which is the last treatment type serum I had bought a full size and have rated one-star as it did nothing for me) I wouldn’t buy it off this one use, BUT if I was offered more, I definitely I would like to try for a few days to see if the promise of the sample bears out! #Skincare #Beauty #Junkie

December 17, 2020

ITS EXPENSIVE BUT IT WORKS - if you've got acne scars..

I had this as a sample from Sephora and was skeptical. It performs so well, goes onto your skin feeling like nothing special but I saw immediate results that next day, my skin is smoother with less texture. Overtime I noticed my acne scars fading. I just wish it wasn’t so expensive 😭

If anyone knows a dupe, please DM me on insta @blogajk