Tarte Clay Stick Foundation Reviews
#147 in Foundation

July 28, 2018

Amazingly Lightweight AND Full Coverage

First, yes I’d buy this again. It a product perhaps better served when you have a brightening/heavy moisture primer beneath or else it can look powdery.
    For the amount of coverage one pass gives, I don’t even feel like I have makeup on!
    It’s not the best color towards the end as it does seem to oxidize. However, it’s at the tail end when Od be getting a new one anyway. I may even try a new color next time. My shade is fair-light-medium.
    You can experiment with how to apply it. After lining my face with the stick as if I have on war paint stripes, I use a blender that I spritz with a misting spray first, then I dab until I have the coverage I want. A little goes a long way.
    This is also great for a concealer if you don’t want to spend the money on another expensive product.
    Overall, I wish it were a tiny bit cheaper but I can live with it!

June 13, 2018

Nice

I was foundation matched at Sephora and this product is what they recommended. I like it! It is medium coverage and feels light weight. It goes on to flaky skin well with a good primer. It is however, quite pricey.

1.3/5

April 16, 2018

Do Not Waste Money On This

I’ve tried several stick foundations in the past and honestly besides the Hourglass Vanish stick I feel like my skin hates stick foundations.

This stick foundation in particular though was especially horrid.

We all know Tarte doesn’t make the best shade selection for WOC so I had a hard time trying to find a shade to match me. I settled on deep tan which was close ENOUGH but the undertone was pretty off.

Then when I actually tried to wear the foundation it just separated all over my face and created a textured appearance around my nose (which doesn’t have any texture normally). It wore so poorly I had to go back to Sephora and return it.

If you’re looking for a stick foundation I would skip this all together especially if you’re a WOC. It’s rather pricey, does not wear well and has a very poor shade selection.

Although Tarte has been quite controversial among the WOC beauty community they do still have some good products, this just isn’t one of them.

March 19, 2018

Tarte Stick Foundation

This was the first stick foundation I had tried and to my surprise, I really like it! I was worried it wouldn't blend easily but it blends perfectly with a damp beauty sponge or a buffing fountion brush. This foundation has a dewy finish which I love and allows my skin to look like bright healthy skin! My only beef with it is that it's a lott expensive.