3.9/5
Prestige Item
tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay Foundation Reviews

April 25, 2016

I have very oily skin, and this seems to work the best so far as far as long lasting coverage goes. I still find that it doesn't last all day, but it's the best I've used to far. Without the correct brush, I don't enjoy this product as much. It doesn't look as good as when the lady at Sephora put it on, but she had a different brush. I still manage with a different brush though. Easy to build up layers for more coverage.

February 10, 2016

Absolutley loved this,
    I was coor matched in the Sephora store and this came up as my best match.
    Love the consistency and it applies beautifully with a brush, I found it does exactly what I am looking for, even out my skin tone. And for blemishes I simply use a concealer and it leaves a flawless finish.
    Lasts about 3 months with daily use so it is a good price for how long you get use out of it.
    Love the cute little wood handle as well.
    ACTUALLY lasts for 12 hours ( or going out)

1.0/5

February 04, 2016

This has to be one of the worst foundations I've tried. The coverage is very poor. The consistency of the foundation is thick & you can feel it on your skin as soon as you apply it. This foundation made me very oily as well & wasn't very long lasting. By the end of the day, my foundation was very splotchy. Lastly, I couldn't find a shade that best matched my skin.

January 23, 2016

One of the best foundations I have used. It blends into the skin and does not leave an oily or dry finish. Skin looks smooth and flawless, I recommend this foundation.

January 20, 2016

Works well, full coverage. I love the whole Tarte Amazonan Clay Line, I think the concealer is a better investment than the foundation.

1.3/5

January 16, 2016

This product has great coverage but I can't stand the feel of it in my face. Way too heavy.

January 16, 2016

I love this foundation. For years I would try foundation after foundation looking for the one that would cover, but not too heavy. I bought this in Sephora, and they did a skin color test on my skin to help me find the right shade to use.

January 15, 2016

I do have this foundation, but its too heavy for everyday, for me. I am a fan of tarte make-up.

January 10, 2016

I have giant red spots on my cheeks and this covers up any redness without concealer. I love that there is SPF which is good for keeping skin young looking and fresh. I find it does not settle in my wrinkles and it is possible to find your shade (I am porcelain most of the time and I was recommended this by a worker at Sephora). It controls oil and lasts all day!

December 25, 2015

I've been using the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation (in shade 3.5) and I LOVE IT. The only problem is that it is super pricey at $66 CAD for 1oz / 30mL. Since I apply foundation everyday, I go through a bottle in 3 months. I've decided to make a switch to this - there's fuller coverage, more product for a lower cost ($51 CAD for 1.7 oz / 50 mL). Amazonian Clay is supposed to be great for your skin too !

I really really wanted to like this but I can't seem to find a good shade to match my skin. I have naturally golden/yellow undertones, so that limits my matches to the 'sand' colors. I am between Light Sand and Light Medium Sand. Light Sand makes me too pale looking and Light Medium Sand is just way too dark.

If you can find a color match, this is a great product. The product has a thicker consistency which may be a turn off for some. And I find the coverage to be more medium than full. It can be layered on to provide better coverage.