3.9/5
Prestige Item
tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay Foundation Reviews

0.5/5

December 16, 2015

It was horrible, it says it lasts up to 12 hours. For myself it lasted about an hour before it started getting blotchy. It sinks into every fine line. Feels like you're wearing a mask all day.

October 07, 2015

used a sample i received for a few days and its really good for more of an oily skin not combination. its thick but goes on great.

September 22, 2015

Its taken me awhile to find my HG foundation and this is it~ I like a slightly fuller coverage foundation because I have some breakouts and I want those covered. It lasts all day and doesn't look cakey. The formula is kind of thick and has a whipped texture, I find it applies best with a damp beauty blender.

The price is a bit expensive, so it's sadly not something I will be buying as often as I like. But thankfully a little goes a long way and it seems to last me awhile.

September 08, 2015

This foundation can be used as a medium coverage foundation or you can build a more full coverage look, although it is not the best if you are looking for a lightweight foundation. It makes your skin very smooth and never looks cake considering the amount of coverage it gives. Great product! Will be using for life!

August 24, 2015

It took me a while to finally work out how this foundation worked with my skin. It seems to work with everyone else and I've heard that for some people, it is "Holy Grail" quality. For me, I needed to use a primer with this foundation in order to keep it from slipping off my face. Also, if you have dry skin, watch out! This foundation definitely settles into lines and enhances your dry spots. Maybe a great foundation in the summer when dryness isn't too much for an issue.

August 06, 2015

I bought this after hearing it was a good foundation for combo/oily skin. I had my color matched by one of the counter girls and it was good thing too because she warned me that this foundation has a habit of oxidizing on oily skin. My skin goes from the sahara to the everglades throughout the day. This foundation lasts all day, once it settles is the perfect color for me. The consistency is very thick but it feels like nothing on the skin after application. IT provides as very nice full coverage without looking mask like. I definitely recommend this for anyone looking for a full coverage foundation with oily/combo skin.

August 03, 2015

I absolutely love the feeling of this clay foundation on my skin though for some people i know it can feel heavy on the skin . I have combination skin that changes its mind all the time and because i was using this one for years i found my skin was reacting to it weirdly so i had to change but i really recommend this product still for its effectiveness and consistency .

July 09, 2015

I love this foundation. I started using this foundation when I was pregnant with my second daughter as I wanted to use more natural products and I was finding other foundations were causing me to have breakouts. This worked like a charm and I have now changed over permanently. It gives me full coverage with long lasting power. I apply it once in the morning and don't usually have to reapply at all. Though it is a little expensive, it is no more so than any of the other high end products and it is definitely worth the price. Best of all, I have never had a reaction to it and I have very sensitive skin.

May 22, 2015

I have oily skin and this foundation kept me oil free for about 4 hours. After that I did have to blot and use powder. I find it is medium coverage and did not cover all my redness. It worked better when I used a primer underneath.

April 25, 2015

I LOOOOOVE this foundation because it doesnt feel like ive applied 10 layers of foundation on, I dont have the cakey dryness on my skin, it works perfectly for oily skin type. This is full coverage which helps cover up my dark spots and bit of freckles here and there. Its about 50$ but its worth every penny, I used to use Smash Box foundation but it melts after few hours of applying and it's a pain for all the maintenance.