The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector Reviews

Soften and protect hands, even after washing. Our best-selling Hemp Hand Protector is dermatologically tested for very dry skin and contains Community Trade hemp seed oil. For more information, please visit http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com.

September 06, 2016

As a nurse who washes her hands a bazillion times a shift and ends up with dry cracked and bleed hands this product was a god sent when I discovered it! Most lotions were either too greasy, too much fragrance that would burn your dried cracked hands, too watery and didn't absorp, left a film on your hands. The Body Shop Hemp hand cream does none of those things. It does however absorp evenly into your skin leaving no residue and has little to no fragrance. My hands can be extremely dry, crack and bleeding and within a few hours of using this product my hands feels wonderful and the dryness and cracking is almost gone! I always recommend this product to everyone!!!

August 29, 2016

Really great hand cream! I have extremely dry hands, no matter what season (because I cook and clean my hands a lot) and I find that this is the only stuff that really works. The smell is kind of weird, but the smell of hemp in general is kind of weird too. Not the biggest fan of earthy scents but willing to look past it for the effectiveness!

1.5/5

August 25, 2016

Got this in a gift basket over Christmas. I hated it. Very oily and it did not help my hands at all. The smell was earthy but not over powering. Really the only thing it had going for it,

August 11, 2016

I really like this hand lotion. It works amazingly on dry skin and goes on thick without leaving the greasy feeling. My fav is the non scented one. I recently bought a scented one and I was disappointed with the scent. This is still one of my fav hand lotions though.

July 19, 2016

Beside the horrible smell, this hand cream really works. It is so effective that I couldn't resist putting it on my feet as well. Whenever my parents hand get dry after working on the boat, I always give them this hand cream. It really do wonders.

July 12, 2016

My hands are super dry and rough (I believe I've damaged them using another brand of body lotion which I will not name here) and therefore was looking for the most moisturizing hand lotion I can find at the Body Shop. The sales girl at the Body Shop pointed me to this product but warned me of the smell. I smelled it at the store and didn't have a problem with it and then purchased two tubes later when there was a really good sale.

I have to admit that I dislike the packaging A LOT. The metal opening does not feel comfortable on the hands and for my first tube, the cream exploded from the end of the tube (the explosion was partly my fault because I exerted pressure when the lid was on).

Now for the product inside, it is thick and moisturizing but because it is so thick, I don't think it gets absorbed into my skin. The biggest problem I have with this product is the scent. Although I didn't have a problem with the scent in the beginning, I now have to disagree. My family all hate it and would tell me that I smell really bad (makes me wonder if people at work think that about me too since I apply this throughout the day - I still have quite a bit left and do not want to waste just because it smells bad). Once I'm done with this, I will go back to the shea, cocoa, or coconut body butter.

July 08, 2016

Une des crèmes pour les mains les plus efficaces que je connaisse. Dès la 1ere application on voit une différence. Par contre pour l'odeur on aime ou on aime pas, c'est spécial.

June 22, 2016

I love this lotion! It is always in my backpack! It keeps my hands nice and moistened and soft. I love it. It is affordable, , it smells great, and it is small enough to take on the go.

June 22, 2016

My 12 year old daughter has eczema quite bad on her face and arms and we have tried everything including prescription creams the doctor has given her. we went to the body shop and the girl there recommended we try this and it works wonders. the beeswax in it helps hold the moister in her skin. i would highly recommend this for people who don't want to use steroids due to thinning skin.

June 17, 2016

I was first given this lotion as part of a Body Shop gift basket, but Have since bought a few times myself over the years. The scent is not a favorite of mine, however, it leaves my hands hydrated and silky smooth, more so then many other brands. I tend to use it a lot this time of year, as I garden and have my hands in and out of dirt, gloves and water more often. One of my favorite features is that it seems to repair my cuticles more then most other hand lotions, as well as the rest of my hands.