The Body Shop Shea Body Butter Reviews

Treat your skin to non-stop moisturization with a rich, intensive cream featuring the clean scent of shea. Fore more information, please go to  http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com.

2.3/5

December 02, 2009

I have used this product many times. It works very well and not very greasy. However, it is WAY over priced and obviously not very affordable. The smell is also mediocre and it is a calming smell. I had a small container of it but not sure if I would buy it again. The body butters at the Body Shop last FOREVER as you only use a little at a time. So on second thought, maybe it is worth the $20 as the container will last you a year or more in my case. The men in my family use it too.

December 02, 2009

I love Body Shop products. I've used this product before and it's glorious on your dry skin. The smell is absolutely heavenly.

December 02, 2009

This body butter is very thick in consistancy. I really like the smell, but I think it's one of those smells you either love or you hate. It moisturized really well and made my skin very soft, and I like this product very much, and I would pay the price for it.

December 02, 2009

I received this product from the Body Shop. I have been wanting to try the Body Shop's Body Butter for years, but never bought it myself because of the price. So I was pretty excited to try this product free of charge.

I am happy to say that it was worth the wait! This product is in a category of its own when it comes to lotions. It leaves my skin sooo smooth, and very few products I've tried can rival it.

I probably wouldn't purchase because it is more than double the price of other lotions. They may not meet its standards but are still pretty good. I might buy it as a gift for a friend.

December 02, 2009

I live in a really cold climate with harsh winters and I suffer from severely dry skin. I have tried countless products to relieve my skin but, I rarely find products that actually work. I love The Body Shop Shea Butter because it absorbs quickly, sinks deep into the skin, and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy. My hands have been chapped from the cold weather for a few weeks now, and I'm amazed to find that just after a few applications...my hands are becoming softer, smoother, and more hydrated. I also really like the smell of the Shea Body Butter...very pretty! I have purchased creams, butters, and lotions for at least twice the cost of The Body Shop Shea Butter and they were twice as ineffective, The Body Shop is definitely worth the price. I highly recommend this product to anyone who expects great results!

November 30, 2009

This stuff smells really goooood. :) It is very rich and made my skin feel smooth and soft. There's only one thing I would change about this moisturizer and that's the consistancy, it's a little thick which makes it hard to spread without using too much. It is a body butter though so I guess it is intended to be thick.

November 30, 2009

I used it on my 38 weeks pregnant belly and it worked wonders!

November 29, 2009

This is the first time i ever used any sort of body butter, now i might actually switching from lotion to this!
    It added a thicker coat to my skin after applying than any other lotions. My skin used to be dry and flaky, but with the butter it has improved so much.
    This product actually looks like butter and has a great feel to it. It also has a unique refreshing scent to it.
    I would definately buy this product again it makes my skin feel amazing

Love this product~!

It works really well on dry skin and it leaves your skin soft and moist til the next morning. Also, the smell is great! For $20, this pot would last you quite a while because you don't need to slab on a lot for it to take effect.

As for the drawbacks like long absorbing time and the smell becoming really strong after you put it on your whole body, just put on a thin layer. That should do the job because it's really thick, you really don't need a whole lot. As for the smell, you can't really do anything about it unless you want to open some windows to let the smell air out in the middle of winter.

So any complaining boyfriends you just have to remind them how much they love touching your skin after you put it on!

November 29, 2009

Wow. I have never used Body Shop Body Butters... until now. It`s amazing. It has a super nice texture, it`s absorbes sooo nicely and quick, it hydrates so well, it smells so good and it just feels right. My biggest problem with most body lotions, even the organic or home made, natural ones, is that I get irritated, and I break out, especially on my shoulders and back. This has to be the first product that hydrated and nourished e skin, without any side effects.
    I loved the texture and I loved the smell. It`s a really really wonderful product. I can`t believe the feel of it... I just wish I knew about it before.
    A must have.