The Body Shop Shea Body Butter Reviews

Treat your skin to non-stop moisturization with a rich, intensive cream featuring the clean scent of shea. Fore more information, please go to  http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com.

November 28, 2009

I've never used body butter before but my skin gets very dry in the winter so I thought I'd give it a try. I think his product is very good for dry skin!

As a "butter" its consistency is much thicker than lotion, in fact, it's a butter-like consistency :P It did take me a bit to get used to scraping it out of the container as opposed to pumping it out like I normally do with lotion. I also found that I had to rub a little more in to get into my skin. The result was that my skin felt very hydrated. I used it in the morning and at night (after I shower) and find that does a really good job and I don't feel that I need to moisturize again during the day.

I really like the smell of this too. For some Body Shop items I find the smells are too much but this was a bit more subtle. So it smells good but isn't too overwhelming.

The only thing I don't like about this product is it's price, $20. For me, that's a lot to spend on a lotion. But I don't need to use too much on my skin so it'd last quite a long time. If I were to buy this again I'd probably just use it on my extremely dry areas - feet, hands and sometimes legs, just so I don't waste a product this expensive on other parts of my body that don't need it.

November 28, 2009

After only using this product for a few days I noticed a significant improvement to the texture of my skin, as it is now smoother and more supple. There are no dry flakes in sight, and I am happy that this lotion worked so quickly and efficiently! I have received many compliments on how soft my hands are and I have also been asked what lotion I use because the scent of it is appealing.

I also like the texture of this product as it is more solid than other more liquid forms of body lotions. It is easier to apply, as I have had many annoying experiences with pouring out too much watery lotions! The packaging of this product is classy and a convenient size to fit in a medium-sized handbag, which is where I leave mine so I can use it whenever I'm on the go.

I would definitely recommend this product. Though I've used other lotions that have had similar effects, I like the aesthetic appeal to this product as well as the scent. I encourage you to splurge on this little piece of luxury! Your skin will thank you.

August 31, 2009

This is my favourite beauty product I've bought in forever! It has a warm, natural smell that's not overpowering. A little goes a long way, and when I put it on before bed, my hands are still soft in the morning. I've even got my boyfriend addicted!

Updated On: December 06, 2009

Since ChickAdvisor sent me a new tub (I was overjoyed!), I decided to go wild and try this product on my whole body. The verdict? Still good, but because the moisturizing is so intense, your body is a little tacky for a while. I think I'd use the Shea Butter mostly for hands and feet, and stick to a faster absorbing lotion for the general bod.

Oh, and as for my boyfriend's addiction, it's still going strong. He might even use it more than I do!