The Ordinary Retinol 1% Reviews

Good - 0

December 19, 2020

Absolute must have!

I love this product! I have tried many skincare products, drugstore and highend, and this is one of my favorites. I have pigmentation scars from acne and you see a visible difference the next day. Can't go wrong with this product because it is $5!

November 19, 2020

Great Retinol!

This is a great introduction to using retinols for beginners- I apply to dry skin and apply moisturizer over the top, and my skin looks plump, supple and healthy in the mornings. This is also a moisturizing serum as it's in squalane oil. My advice would be to start slowly and build up your tolerance.

September 13, 2020

Love this!

I can't explain how nice and smooth my face is the day after using this. I only use it a couple times a week so my sensitive skin doesn't over react, but the next morning my skin is so soft and smooth. I normally have dry textured skin, so this product is a lifesaver. I love the price for how long it lasts too. I haven't noticed a reversal of lines, but I haven't noticed any new ones since using it.

August 20, 2020

Great results

Retinol is a scary ingredient! This is the strongest concentration The Ordinary offers : i'd recommend starting out at lower ones. However, circumstances made it so i had to start out with this one.

I'm currently using this two times a week, at nighttime. I'm still getting retinol purging - pimples coming out (read about it, it's part of the process!). Apart from that, my skin texture is AMAZING, and my post inflammatory hyperpigmentation really has lessened. No irritation/peeling either!

Start slow, start at a low percentage, trust the process. It's worth it!

July 15, 2020

Such a good product

I use this every night and it has made my skin super soft and has helped fade my acne scars significantly. Lightweight with a small smell that quickly goes away as it's absorbed into the skin.

1.7/5

April 30, 2020

It did nothing for my skin

I've used it for over 2 months and I haven't noticed a difference. I've had other retinol gel and cream recommended by dermatologist which really worked and hade only 0.25% of retinol in their formula. This retinol is 1% and didn't work. I decided to give it a try because it's cheap, but it simply makes my skin oily overnight, nothing else. There is a reason why The ordinary is cheap and for sure you pay with its non effectiveness. People who like the products haven't tried other higher quality products. I really wanted to like the ordinary, but I've tried 7 different products and none of them made my mind.

April 27, 2020

Can actually see a difference

This was one of the first product's that I purchased from TO. So far I'm very happy with it! My acne has started to go down and my skin looks calmer when I wake up in the morning. I've only been using it twice a week for the past two weeks now and I can already see the difference. Definitely a product I would recommend BUT this is a line that you need to do your research!!!. This isn't no beginner's skin care line (it can get confusing on what you might need + how to use them and what NOT to mix it with). BUT the great thing is you can contact the company with your skin care concerns and they will help you out with choosing the right products for you! Definitely recommend!

March 30, 2020

Great for preventing acne!

I bought this product after hearing that retinol can help with acne. My acne was mild but after using this retinol twice a week for a few weeks, I noticed I was getting no acne, except for during my period. I noticed that my pores looked smaller and my skin looked more smooth and vibrant overall. At $5 a bottle, this retinol is super affordable. I recommend to anyone struggling with acne. If you're looking for a retinol for anti-aging, this probably isn't strong enough.

February 10, 2020
    Leicestershire, United Kingdom

Smooths out texture.

This stuff is absolutely amazing, I've always struggled with texture but after a few weeks of using this my skin is near perfection. The brand is very affordable. This will stay in my PM routine.

January 14, 2020

Good Product

I've been using this since they stopped shipping the stronger retinol products to Canada. I like it and it seems to help with my fine lines and other damage my skin has accumulated over the years. It may be too strong for some, but my skin seems to tolerate it nicely.