4.9/5
The Ordinary Retinol 1% Reviews

Good - 0

March 30, 2020

Great for preventing acne!

I bought this product after hearing that retinol can help with acne. My acne was mild but after using this retinol twice a week for a few weeks, I noticed I was getting no acne, except for during my period. I noticed that my pores looked smaller and my skin looked more smooth and vibrant overall. At $5 a bottle, this retinol is super affordable. I recommend to anyone struggling with acne. If you're looking for a retinol for anti-aging, this probably isn't strong enough.

February 10, 2020
    Leicestershire, United Kingdom

Smooths out texture.

This stuff is absolutely amazing, I've always struggled with texture but after a few weeks of using this my skin is near perfection. The brand is very affordable. This will stay in my PM routine.

January 14, 2020

Good Product

I've been using this since they stopped shipping the stronger retinol products to Canada. I like it and it seems to help with my fine lines and other damage my skin has accumulated over the years. It may be too strong for some, but my skin seems to tolerate it nicely.

August 08, 2019
    Wigan, United Kingdom

100%results

I was sceptical of this when first using but after 2 months my skin is rejuvenated. On first few times using it irritated my skin but I persevered and my skin is glowing.

August 16, 2017

Another great product from The Ordinary

I was a little bit wary of trying a Retinoid because of reading other reviews of people having sensitivity issues. I did however read lots of good reviews about this product, and that (along with having used other products from them) made me buy this. I'm only using this 2-3 times a week, but I've already noticed a difference in how clear my skin is. I've been having trouble with spots on my chin because of hormones, and this has really helped. I've noticed a little bit of tingling, but no redness. I've made sure to use spf the next day after using it as well!