Vachon Ah Caramel Cakes Reviews

Ranked #221 out of 302 in Baked Goods

2.8/5

June 14, 2017

Decent caramel cake

The caramel cakes always made an appearance in my lunch in highschool and I have to say i wasn't a big fan of them. The vanilla cake is white as paper showing how bleached the flour is and the cake itself is also very dry. The Caramel was also very sweet and just over powered everything with sugar. Overall I'd much rather a wagon wheel or a flakey but each to its own !

1.5/5

June 14, 2017

I'll Take A Pass

This is made of a vanilla cake with a burst of caramel in the centre, all covered in milk chocolate. To me, I find the cake to be very dry. I also find the chocolate to be of poor quality. The only part I enjoy is the caramel centre, which is sweet and satisfying. Overall, I would pass on buying these as they remind me of a poor-quality cake product.

June 09, 2017

Ces petits gâteaux de Vachon sont vraiment un régal. J'adore​ avoir le petit goût sucré et salé dans une seule bouchée. On s'en met partout quand on les déguste, le caramel coule quand on prend une bouchée dans ce petit gâteau. Ils sont emballés en paquet de deux. On ne peut se satisfaire d'un seul petit gâteau, car ils sont trop bons. Ces petits gâteaux sont moelleux. On peut les mettre facilement dans des lunchs.

June 08, 2017

These are a great treat. I love that you get chocolate, caramel and cake all in one. The outside is a thin layer of milk chocolate. When you bite into it you get a burst of caramel, and then your teeth sink into a soft vanilla cake. This is rich and delicious.

May 01, 2017

Vachon knows how to make treats and the Ah Caramel cakes are no exception. Delicious cake with a chocolate coating and caramel filling . What's not to love ? If you're trying to eat healthy stay away from these bad boys becaue they're full of calories and they're addicting !

April 06, 2017

Pretty much one of the one packaged cakes I buy. The cake inside is so soft and sweet a perfect mix for the light chocolate coating and caramel in the middle. SO yummy!!

April 05, 2017

These are really good, I put them in the boys lunch. I like to eat mine cold so I keep them in the fridge, that's my personal preference! You can keep them at room temperature also, but I throw a freezer bag in the kids lunch kit to keep it cold because they prefer it that way!

April 05, 2017

Je me rappelle qu'enfant c'était la collation/dessert qu'on voulait tous avoir dans notre boîte à lunch. Les petits gâteaux Vachon étaient le must. Rendue adulte je pensais retomber en amour avec ces petits délices, mais ca été loin d'être le cas. Les petits gâteaux sont beaucoup trop sucré pour moi et finissent rapidement par me tomber sur le cœur. Dommage. Avec le vaste choix de desserts disponible, je pense plus me tourner vers d'autres gâteaux plus santé et de meilleure qualité. A recommander pour les bibittes à sucre.

April 05, 2017

These are so good and bring me right back to my childhood. They're chocolatey, kind of cakey, with caramel inside. They're delicious. I try not to buy stuff like this but will buy them as an occasional treat!

April 05, 2017

Love these! Cake, caramel, chocolate. All my favorite things.
    Usually can find on sale and available everywhere.
    I have to hide the box at night or the kids would eat them all in one sitting.