Vachon Ah Caramel The Original Cakes Reviews
#16 in Baked Goods

Spongy white cakes coated in a chocolatey layer and overflowing with luscious caramel and pastry creme.

Gâteau blanc et moelleux dans un enrobage chocolaté, débordant de caramel et de crème pâtissière.

January 04, 2019

Ahhhh caramel

I was offered to try a vachon product and leave an honest review. I immediately knew I'd have to review Ah Caramel snack cakes! The mnute I opened the box my childhood memories of the school snack came pouring back into my mind!

They're cakes topped carmel and cream and covered in chocolate. The sweetness of the caramel isn't masked by the taste of the chocolate. It's a sweet light snack!

I'll continue to purchase vachon cakes and put them in my son's lunch as a midday treat!

January 03, 2019

Its a family favourite treat

My family loves the delicious cake and yummy caramel inside. It’s the perfect size to pack in their lunches too. He cake is light and airy and the chocolate is just right. All combined to make a perfect treat!

January 02, 2019

Family loves these.

These are a favorite in our home, They are such a nice treat when you crave something sweet. Definetly would buy again. They are great for throwing a treat in lunch or just with a cup of tea.

January 01, 2019

Satisfies the sweet tooth

Canada Bread offered me the opportunity to try a free sample of Vachon Ah Caramel The Original Cakes. It definitely satisfied my sweet tooth. I didn't care too much for the spongy cake inside but did enjoy the caramel. The name may be a little deceiving since it was more spongy cake instead of caramel. I enjoyed the chocolate covering.

December 31, 2018

Great for sugar loving kids and adults alike

The box was a caramel color and easy to find . Very light packaging, which is great.
    When opening the box, we found each serving comes individually wrapped with 2 squares . They were larger then I expected with a soft texture. I took the first bite and the sponge was soft and delicate . The addition of the cream and the caramel, the chocolate coat ontop is reminiscent of a smore. Personally for myself I found it quite sweet and could barely finish one alone . But the taste was yum .
    My kids on the other hand loved the combination . They loved the size, the sponge,cream, caramel, chocolate mixture and asked for more . They are easy to handle for small hands and conveniently packaged for on the go . I think it is a great item for the price and quite affordable to help that late night sugar craving . I would definitely buy this again as a treat for my kids. #gotitfree

December 29, 2018

A tasty little treat.

I love Vachon ah carmel cakes and have been eating them since I was a kid. The cake itself is very light, not overly sweet and slightly dry. So if you prefer a moist cake this would not be for you. However the cream and dollop of sweet caramel on top as well as the thin layer of chocolate encompassing the cake takes it from boring to sinfully sweet and delicious. There is two in each package if your into sharing. I'm greedy when it comes to these and need to eat them both myself. A box of these definitely don't last me long. I personally like to cut down the sweetness of these cakes with a nice tall glass of milk. Whether warm from the cupboard or cool from the fridge I enjoy this sweet little treat.

December 27, 2018

A blast from the past!

I haven’t had Ah Caramel for years, but after receiving a coupon to try one free, I bought a box for my kids to try, and I had to take 1 package for myself. What memories of childhood, same great flavour and same great taste. I think I’ve gotten my kids hooked now, and will put these on my shopping list for sure, a great once in a while treat for school lunches.

December 19, 2018

New Family Favourite!

I was really excited to try these cakes and they did not disappoint! The cakes are quite moist and don't taste fake like some other cake snacks do. The caramel has a rich and sweet taste and the icing filling also used is such an amazing compliment to everything else going on in this cake. I was surprised at the quality of this product and the taste was just perfect. I also shared these with my family and my four children and it has now became a new family favourite! Thumbs up from us all! I received these free in exchange for an honest review and I am so happy I signed up! #gotitfree

December 15, 2018

Definetly will buy again

We totally enjoy this as a treat. We love the chocolate coating and the soft inside. We like the caramel centre however not a big fan of caramel so I wouldn't mind less caramel. But I certainly buy again, for a few cakes for that price is good buy. Kids love it to take for snacks too at school.I like that it was wrapped two in a pack which is convenient plus the others are kept stored properly if you are not eating right away.

December 07, 2018

Best TREAT ever!

I have loved these for years. I spotted them and thought to treat myself and hoped they'd be everything I remembered them to be. They did not dissappoint. They are so soft and sweet and the caramel is ooey gooy like it should be! I appreciate the small portion size and individually wrapped so as not to over indulge.