VDL Lumilayer Primer Fresh Reviews
#19 in Face Primer

November 19, 2018

Layers well under foundation

When I heard VDL had arrived in Canada, I was so excited! I had heard a lot of positive things about their makeup and in particular their primer. This primer does not disappoint. It doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin and layers well under my makeup without pilling. It provides a slight illuminated look without looking too sparkly or shiny. I’ll definjtely be using it again.

2.7/5

November 01, 2018

Not a fan, glow = sparkles

I am not a fan of this primer. It does apply easily and a little goes a long way, but the glow that it is supposed to provide you with is just sparkles they've added to the product. I tested it out on the back of my hand at first, and I noticed the sparkles right away. I went to the counter and the makeup lady used it on my face and then applied concealer after and I felt like the primer made my concealer not sit very well under my eyes. I will stick with my too faced cosmetics primer instead.

October 16, 2018

Well Worth The Price Tag

I recieved VDL's signature primer to test in exchange for my honest review. It uses their unique Violet Lumilayer pigment to illuminate the skin which is super cool and you have to see for yourself. Although this one targets dry to normal skin, while the Fresh version targets my combination skin, I've tried and love all of their primers. They're lightweight multi-taskers - From using them alone to mixing with foundation. Using this to intestify & prolong my highlight has been my personal favourite!

September 26, 2018

VDL Lumilayer Primer

I received two samples of this primer in the mail. I really like the glow it gives & it works well as a primer. I think I accidentally put a bit too much on though.

September 16, 2018

Love!!!!

Recieved as a sample. I love this so much!!! Feels so nice on the face. It shimmers which is awesome. I love anything that sparkles!!! It's so pretty.
    I will Deffinitely be buying this product!!!
    Works great

August 25, 2018

Caution - this might be come your new HG product!!!

Oh my goodness, a glowy primer for combination to oily skin that looks amazing and never, never oily. I have used it alone and under foundation and it is perfect both ways. I don't usually use primers because they usually feel heavy and either pill, or break me out, or both. This is the opposite and my new HG

Updated On: August 25, 2018

The only other primer that comes close is my Laura Mercier primer

August 22, 2018

Great product just not for me

It goes on nice and smooth, has a mild yet pleasant scent, and feels great under makeup. However, I prefer a less shimmery look and I found this primer still glittered under liquid and powder foundation, which is exactly what it is made to do but isn’t something I like. It’s just personal preference but i still think it is a great product if adding a little sparkle is your goal. #gotitfree

August 19, 2018

Best primer I've tried yet!

I received this primer not too long ago & decided to give it a shot. I've never been a huge primer fan because it never seemed to really make a difference. I tried the VDL Lumilayer primer fresh & fell in love. It changed my whole make-up world for me. Lol. I loved that it had a light scent, has a cool shimmer, it went on smooth & dried quickly, and left my face looking on point. It helped my cover up, to cover up my many freckles & and flaws in my skin ;)

August 17, 2018

Brightening primer

This is a great primer if you are looking for that youthful, glowy and brightening skin look. It has a bit of a purple/pink tint to it which is great for giving the skin a fresh appearance, but it does not do much for just being a base by itself. You would need to use a pore refining primer underneath of this primer.

March 08, 2017

I used to use Maybelline Baby Skin Primer and Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer until I bought VDL's Lumilayer Primer Fresh. This is not the original formula, and this one is more hydrating than its predecessor. Bonus point for its multi-purpose function: you can also use it as a highlighter in your cheekbones!