Voila by Sobeys Reviews

Voilà by Sobeys is a cutting-edge online grocery home delivery service in the Greater Toronto Area.

At Voilà, we promise guaranteed freshness, at affordable prices, straight to your door.

The Voilà Difference.
  • We deliver from warehouse, not store. Thousands of products. No letdowns.
  • Our robots pack orders. Our teammates deliver. Safely and with less handling.
  • Guaranteed fresh. Our produce is fresh or it’s free.
  • Affordable prices. No hidden fees.
  • 1-hour delivery windows. Pick a time. We’ll deliver.

Please see our Terms & Conditions for full details.

For more info, visit voila.ca
    FamilyRated Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2020

July 16, 2020

New and More Convenient Way to Grocery Shop Online

I will say overall that I have not been a fan online grocery shopping. I did try it elsewhere during the pandemic and the experience was horrible. With that trip I clicked no substitutions and ended up with several substitutions and damaged groceries. When I started hearing about Voila, the premise sounded vastly different, so I thought I would give online grocery shopping another shot.

My experience with Voila was mainly good. I placed the order Tuesday night and had it delivered by Thursday. I initially chose Friday, but emailed to change delivery to Thursday. They answered quickly and easily changed it to Thursday for me. The gentleman who dropped off my groceries was very nice and friendly. I had one minor issue with one product. I ordered bread and the expiry date is 3 days from now. Ideally in a grocery store I would not choose a product expiring that soon. I reached out to Voila and after requesting a picture of it, they quickly made the problem right.

Issues for me personally:
    -I found it very time consuming to go through all the products. I prefer to go through a grocery store where I can quickly grab where I know things are and get out.
    -There aren't enough products, but I think that is a big "yet". They are still growing.
    -I did find it more expensive than the grocery store overall. It would be nice to have a loyalty program or cheaper shipping for a certain amount spent.
    -Sometimes there wasn't enough pictures and information on the product. No pictures of nutritional information and no written information about it.
    -I would love to see a "Reviews" section added to all products.

Pros:
    -I like that the delivery windows are so narrowed down and you can get your order quickly. Although I am concerned as they get busier that will change and it will be harder to get groceries so quickly.
    -I love that you can get some Farm Boy products.
    -None of my groceries were damaged and even the produce was perfect.
    -Very fast and friendly customer service no matter what you need dealt with.

Overall I was pleasantly surprised with the entire experience.

*I received a $25 voucher as part of a Product Review Club offer.

July 16, 2020

Excellent customer service but product availability lacking

I received a discount code to use toward the Voila service by the Product Review Club. Here are my impressions:
    Pros:
    - Excellent time slot availability
    - Delivery arrived at the specified time and driver called twice, once to advise me that the order would be arriving within 5 minutes, and once after the order had been delivered
    - Groceries were well-packed and all items were at appropriate temperatures (i.e. frozen foods were still frozen!)
    - Produce and other items were well-selected: no bruises, no items near to expiry, etc
    Cons
    - Product availability! At the time that I placed my order, many of my typical groceries were not being offered. Nothing obscure; just things like green beans, plums, apricots, etc. So after receiving my order, I will still have to visit my local grocery store.
    - Price for this service. As I mentioned, I received a coupon code to use toward my order. In the absence of that code, I might not have placed an order, since delivery costs $7.99.