3.9/5
WowButter Reviews
#6 in Spreads

Wowbutter is a spread made from roasted soybeans that is 100% peanut-free and nut-free!

It is actually more nutritious than peanut butter as it is a COMPLETE protein food, containing all 9 essential amino acids, just as do eggs, dairy and meat.

December 20, 2020

Just okay

This is the second time I've bought Wowbutter. I much prefer natural peanut butter and will not buy this again. It definitely has a different flavor than peanut butter. Perhaps if you eat it in a sandwich with jam, you wouldn't notice the different flavor, but I eat it plain on toast or crackers and I notice it. If you need to buy an alternative to peanut butter, this may do the trick, but if you don't, natural peanut butter is way better!

July 09, 2020

So Yummy!

When it comes to feeding my toddler I like to make sure I am giving him healthy foods and foods that are safe at home and at daycare. My toddler is often babysat by my mom who is allergic to peanuts, so she gets to enjoy eating WoW Butter and my son can still have WoW Butter and jam sandwiches. You can also make any recipe that calls for peanut butter you can substitute WoW Butter. We have made a ton of treats and snacks with WoW Butter, our favourite is WoW Butter squares with colorful marshmallows! You can't even tell it isn't peanut butter it tastes the same and is so smooth and creamy! I also love that I can make him sandwiches or WoW butter and crackers or apples and send them to daycare and not worry! Thanks @wowbutter_com for the yummy samples!

June 17, 2020

As close as you can get to the real thing

I have eaten peanut butter all my life until last year when I suddenly took an allergic reaction. Found this stuff in the grocery store so I thought I'd give it a try. Texture is very similar, maybe a little dryer than real peanut butter but the flavour was bang on! If you like peanut butter, you will like it. I think you would be hard pressed to tell the difference.

February 26, 2020

Not bad

peanut butter and honey sandwiches is the only sandwich my son will eat. But his school is nut free so I trick him with this and it works most of the time, I just add a little extra honey. It smells like peanut butter, looks like peanut butter, spreads well and is fairly cheap. I’m happy

February 18, 2020

Doesn’t trick my PB loving kids

I got this to try before my kid heads to kindergarten this fall. Unfortunately he right away figured it wasn’t real peanut butter, so I’m going to try another nut free spread! This was fair priced & spread easy for me, wish it worked on MR. picky.

February 17, 2020

Great PB Alternative

I grew up on peanut butter and was curious to try this. It definitely does taste similar to PB but there is a slight after taste. I would not buy again for myself but would definitely recommend to others as it is indeed a great alternative!

February 01, 2020

Beyond peanut!

Awesome taste of butter just like peanut butter. I can not believe its not allergic and nut free! Same tase, same flavour. I have not found any difference. I saw so many kids, suffering from nut allergy, its awful! At least something they can tase alike. Thanks wow butter!

3.2/5

November 26, 2019

Good Alternative product

Would definitely try this again. It makes for a great substitute for the children in my class who have allergies but love there peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

August 06, 2019
    Arkansas, United States

Kids love it!

Being a peanut and tree nut free home my son’s and husband really missed peanut butter. The smell is exactly the same as peanut butter. The taste is very similar. My boys couldn’t taste the difference but I could. It spreads just like peanut butter too.

Each jar also comes with stickers for school lunch sandwiches to mark them as peanut free.

June 22, 2019

Cooks and mixes just like peanut butter

I have used this product for every day use from sandwiches to baking.one of my favourite recipes is a mock peanut butter ball which also uses Rice's krispies. Wow butter plays well with other flavours. It is an awesome and a safe way to treat family and friends with nut allergies.