YSL Black Opium Reviews
#38 in Perfume

February 23, 2021
    United Kingdom

Great staying power. Also love the neon version.

I first tried black opium about 2 years ago and it’s been top of my gift list since then. The first time I got it it was a gift set that also included ysl mascara (their mascara is amazing too)! and a miniature black opium.

The fragrance is gorgeous, not too strong or overpowering but it definitely has plenty of staying power. It lasts all day.

I was fortunate enough to receive another black opium gift set at Christmas which also included body wash and body lotion - layering it up in this way increases the staying power even more. I also received the black opium neon version which is equally as gorgeous with an extra little kick in it.

I always get lots of compliments when I wear my black opium and although it is perhaps more pricier than other brands I do believe you get what you pay for - the gorgeous smell and staying power of this perfume definitely justifies the price tag although I do keep an eye out for it being in special offer too and when it’s a really good offer I buy more, stockpiling to make sure I never run out!

Cheshire East, United Kingdom

Absolutely Devine! Would definitely recommend!!

I originally received this as a sample and had to buy the full bottle it was that good!

I can't even begin to describe how gorgeous it smells. It's so sweet and such a light fragance, and stays on all day long!

One of the best perfumes I have worn in a long time. Totally worth the £££!

Stand out scent

Such a beautiful scent I have purchased this perfume more than once. It has great staying power and screams sophistication. This is the perfect evening going out perfume.

Lush perfume

Wow! This perfume is so me! I received a free sample from the perfume counter and when I tried it wow is all I can say.

I just had to buy the full size bottle. I feel so sexy wearing this and have received so many compliments. This is my new fave. Love love love it and it lasts all day long.

Worcestershire, United Kingdom

Black opium

I bought this to try as I used to wear Opium years ago in the late 80s, so as I seem to be able to wear other ysl products and I get many compliments I thought I’d give it a try! Wow I was not disappointed what a lovely smell and yes the compliments were there again especially from men of all ages stopping me everywhere I went asking what perfume I was wearing.
    Can be worn day or night I Love it 💕

November 30, 2020

One of my favs!

I got this product at shoppers. It came in a gift set & I did bonus redemption. So, i ended up paying around $20 for it. Which obviously is a great deal. I use this everyday & it’s quickly become a go to. It has a light scent, is not too feminine, and lasts all day. If you do purchase this, highly recommend getting it from Shoppers!

November 30, 2020

Oriental Vanilla

YSL Black Opium is a fragrance that can be described as an oriental vanilla with floral and coffee notes . A mix of accords makes up this scent that can be loved all year round. Jasmine, Bitter Almond, Licorice, patchouli and cashmere wood also make up the composition of Black Opium.

The floriental, mysterious edge to this fragrance makes it attractive for the wearer who wants a little more rock and roll and not something that’s too overly feminine. This has become one of my personal favourites for this reason, it’s not too delicate but it’s not too over powering at the same time, it’s the perfect balance