Face Mapping: What's Your Acne Telling You?

Wednesday December 5, 2012 by Alexandra C.

(images via ko-te.com

Dear Acne,

Let's get one thing straight: you and I are not friends. No matter how long or how much you hang around me, we will still not be friends. I don't like you.

Sincerely,
Alexandra

I've mentioned before how oily and acne prone my skin is and how I've tried pretty much every acne product/system/DIY option out there to try and rid my skin of it. Along my search, I came across the idea of face mapping.

Face mapping looks at where breakouts, irritations, and blemishes are occurring and connects it to a part of your body. It's the idea of clearing your skin from the inside out! Once you know what is causing the acne, you can in turn, treat it.

Here is a basic face map so you can look at each area of your face where you're breaking out and look at what you can do to help it:

(via lifezing.com, ulookhaute.com

Areas 1 & 3: Your bladder and digestive system may be the cause of your acne. Be sure to drink more water and stay away from junk foods.

Area 2: This section deals with your liver and reactions here could also be an indication of a food allergy. Try to steer clear of dairy and cut back on alcohol.

Areas 4 & 10: Your kidneys are telling you that you need to be hydrated!

Areas 5 & 9: This area connects to the respiratory system. Smokers may see irritation here.

Areas 6 & 8: Breakouts here as well, have to do with your kidneys and waste elimination. Be sure to get your 8 glasses a day.

Area 7: Check your blood pressure and vitamin B levels checked. Amp up your intake of heart healthy foods and cut down on unhealthy fats and red meats.

Area 12: This area correlates to the stomach, add fibre to your diet and get your digestion back on track.

Areas 11 & 13: Horomonal acne appears here. While it could be stress related, if this persists, you may want to see your doctor regarding a hormonal imbalance. This could be part of your fave Aunt Flow's visit too so be sure that you keep hydrated, eat well and get enough sleep.

Area 14: As your body fights off illness, stress and bacteria, acne may appear here. Be sure to take care of yourself by relaxing, eating well (stock up on vitamins!) and exercising.

What do you think of face mapping? Is this something you would consider trying or have you tried it?

More on Eyes, Lips, Face, Skin Care

on Jan 23, 2013  sammmigurl  445 said:

i dont agree with this, i get acne on my cheeks and have acne scars that won't go away

on Dec 27, 2012  GlamGal  2,328 said:

Interesting skin care system...I have never heard of this before!

on Dec 27, 2012  Alex said:

Hi Alex, I love the face mapping concept ; kind of reminds me of reflexology and Ayurveda - do you think these are connected? I also wanted to find out if vitamins help for acne, and which ones you'd recommend for clear skin from the inside out. Thanks a bunch!

on Dec 07, 2012  ozy955  290 said:

I'v never seen this before...very interesting

on Dec 07, 2012  midnightsun2288  5,938 said:

I have seen this before, but I always question how accurate it is because I often get acne on my cheeks and I don't smoke and I am not around people that do smoke.

on Dec 06, 2012  LyrissaSmillie  8,645 said:

I need more fiber! haha but I also read somewhere the chin area (12) means genital problems which Ive had from child birth

on Dec 06, 2012  KatelynRose1984  20,673 said:

This is awesome! So spot on with me. I get hormonal acne around my mouth, and it's horrible! I might have to ask my doctor about prescribing me something to help treat it.

on Dec 05, 2012  alexandra dlc  1,001 said:

wow...great article! I had no idea...will definately need to look into this further.
Thanks!

on Dec 05, 2012  BBBrianna  317 said:

When I do get blemishes, they appear somewhere around 5, 9, 13, or 11 on the face map. I have a couple acne scars that I want to get rid of and they are starting to fade away. I tried many products to get rid of my acne as well, and once I stopped using all of those and started using some natural face washes, my skin cleared up a lot. I definitely recommend using natural products.

on Dec 05, 2012  cutie_marlena  2,763 said:

Mine are mostly in 1, 3 and a little in 2. But I am ALWAYS hydrated, especially now that I am pregnant...I drink like 12 tall glasses of water a day!

Recent Activity

scrbic earned the Beauty Expert badge

erinlk has posted in the forum topic
Wen Hair Care products,,,,,, worth it?

erinlk has posted in the forum topic
My hair won't stop breaking!!!!

scrbic earned the Elite Reviewer badge

scrbic added a new review for
e.l.f. Flat-top Powder Brush

renee.clement has posted in the forum topic
Pick one!