Summer 2012 Staff Picks: Sunscreen
This past weekend, we Canadians celebrated Canada Day with a long weekend. The weather was on our side and the sun was blazing the entire weekend. Now, if you're smart, when you see the sun beating down on you at the beach, you layer on the sunscreen like it's going out of style. However, if you're like me (Alexandra), you think to yourself, 'Naw, I don't think I need any, I'll be okay'. Needless to say, my back is now the same colour as a lobsters.
Every single year, despite my knowing better, I end up nursing one heck of a sunburn. The good news is, I did put sunscreen on my arms, legs and face and am proud to say that they are looking spectacularly sunburn-free!
I owe my burn-free parts to a sunscreen I've been using and carting around in my bag for the past few weeks. With the crazy hot heat we've been having lately, sunscreen has become a go-to life saver for myself as well as some other ChickAdvisor staff. Which is why we were all pretty excited to get our hands on some new sun protection products. We each put a few to the test and came up with some favourites that we give an A+ seal of approval to!
1. Skinceuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50 (C$39.00 was Ali's top pick! She says, "I really liked all of the products I tested, but Skinceuticals Physical Fusion was my favourite. It has a hint of colour to it so in addition to the great SPF coverage, it made my skin tone look more even."
2. Vichy Capital Soleil Sheer Lotion Bare Skin Feel Face and Body SPF 60 (C$29.95)
3. Fancl Sunguard Nuance Pearl SPF 30 (US$33.00) is Mandy's go-to product. She says, "Fancl's Sunguard is light in texture, absorbs nicely, doesn't irritate my skin and gives me a subtle glow! A staple in my skincare arsenal!"
4. Origins A Perfect World SPF 25 Age-Defense Moisturizer with White Tea (C$39.50)
5. Rodial SPF15 Dragon's Blood Hyaluronic Moisturiser (C$60.00)
6. Ombrelle Complete SPF 60 (C$19.99) was Miranda's choice. She says, "First of all, it has SPF 60! That’s enough to keep me outdoors under the sun for a whole day; protecting my face and body against UVA and UVB. I love that the formula is light-weight, non-sticky and contains no fragrance too."
7. Aveeno Fresh Essentials Nourishing Moisturizer SPF30 (C$20.99)
8. La Roche Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid (US$24.04)
9. RoC Soleil Protexion Velvet Facial Moisturizer SPF 30 (C$22.00) was Alexandra's favourite. She says, "This one gave me a nice sheer layer of protection perfect for my face. It wasn't greasy but it was still moisturizing."
10. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Radiance Moisturizing Cream (C$23.49)
More by ChickAdvisor Team
More on Eyes, Lips, Face, Body
You May Also Like
Great tips specially to those want a perfect and beautiful inside and outside looks. But one way to maintain healthy skin is to avoid tanning salons. Indoor tanning salons claim that their method of tanning, by artificial sun, is safer than natural tanning because they mainly use UVA rays and limit the exposure with timers.
And now it's time to invest in the good stuff!
I love Aveeno SPF products!!
I love Neutrogena sunscreen products. I find them to leave my skin silky smooth, and hydrated. They act almost like a great moisturizer. I would definitely choose that one as my favourite!
I have a sample of the Vichy to try!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the skinceuticals sunscreen! I got a sample of it and I will definitely be repurchasing!
Lately, I have also been switching up my sunscreen for a BB cream with SPF in it. I like using BB creams underneath foundation so I don't use as much foundation. I like the idea of using a few thin layers instead of one thick one. Unlike a sunscreen it is tinted so it gives coverage. I really like La Neige BB Cream, it has an SPF 45 in it. http://www.laneige.com/product/detail.jsp?prdtCd=215086011
I haven't tried all but one--#10 from Neutrogena and I really didn't like it. It was really greasy and it kind of burns when you put it on your face D:
Join Our Newsletter
Best of Beauty (65)
Blogs We Love (61)
Career & Finance (65)
ChickAdvisor Events (103)
ChickAdvisor Newsletters (17)
ChickChat TV (8)
Eating Out (73)
Eyes, Lips, Face (482)
Fan Mail (14)
Gadgets, Media (37)
Gift Guide (71)
Hands & Feet (97)
Makeup Tutorials (53)
New Features (27)
News & Issues (119)
Parties & People (80)
Posing Wall (120)
Product Review Club (74)
Runway Fashion (196)
Shop ChickAdvisor (6)
Skin Care (162)
Street Style (44)
Style Guide (357)
Videos We Love (59)
Weekly Roundup (79)
Would You Wear This? (52)