Toasted Marshmallow & Coconut Latte Recipe
Recently, I was at an event where Second Cup revealed their latest Fall and Holiday drink menu. I tasted all of it, along with bite sized dessert pairings. To say I was on a sugar high when I left is an understatement.
1. Cinnamon Swirl Latte 2. Holiday bite-sized desserts 3. Toasted Marshmallow Latte 4. S'mores Hot Chocolate
The drinks were so delicious and I tweeted these instagram photos of them while I sipped. The response on Twitter was very enthusiastic - especially about the toasted marshmallow latte, which was my personal fave. So I thought it would be nice to be able to make something like this at home for days when it's too cold to walk to the cafe. Not like that will be a concern for some time with the way our weather has been.
I invented this recipe. It's a creamy, mellow taste that isn't too sweet. I hope you like it!
Toasted Marshmallow & Coconut Latte
2 shots fresh espresso
1/4 C Coconut Milk
1/2 C Milk ( I used whole milk because it's the creamiest)
1/2 Tsp Sugar (or to taste)
2 Large Marshmallows
1. Pull two shots of fresh espresso and set aside.
2. Combine your milk and coconut milk and froth it into tight, warm bubbles, then pour into a large latte mug with your espresso. I'm sorry I don't have a picture of this, but I was holding my son while making this and milk was going all over the place. #NewMom
3. Add sugar. I added 1/2 tsp, but you can add it according to your own taste.
4. Set your oven to broil and place your marshmallows on a rack with a cookie sheet underneath to catch the drippings. It takes about 30 seconds to get perfectly toasted marshmallows so don't go anywhere or do anything but watch them or they will quickly burn and fill your house with smoke. True story.
It's really important you do the marshmallows last because they get hard and unappetizing when cold.
5. Add those gooey toasted marshmallows to your latte and enjoy!
More by Ali
More on Recipes
I just found out they come out October 30th. Mmmmmm!
@alyssa I think drinks #3 and #4 are available for the holidays starting in November. Looking into that for you...
went to second cup and they dont have the marshmallow drink , they only have pumpkin spice latte and others, im glad you gave us a recipe, thanks ill have to try it
Wow, that looks great
i`m not a fan of all those calorie filled drinks.
I'm drooling just looking at the pictures!! This looks amazing!!
Those sound dangerously delicious!
It looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!
Join Our Newsletter
Best of Beauty (65)
Blogs We Love (61)
Career & Finance (65)
ChickAdvisor Events (103)
ChickAdvisor Newsletters (17)
ChickChat TV (8)
Eating Out (73)
Eyes, Lips, Face (472)
Fan Mail (14)
Gadgets, Media (37)
Gift Guide (69)
Hands & Feet (97)
Makeup Tutorials (52)
New Features (27)
News & Issues (119)
Parties & People (80)
Posing Wall (120)
Product Review Club (74)
Runway Fashion (195)
Shop ChickAdvisor (6)
Skin Care (157)
Street Style (44)
Style Guide (352)
Videos We Love (58)
Weekly Roundup (79)
Would You Wear This? (51)