We Love Fridays: 15 TV Shows to Watch Over the Holidays

Posted by Alexandra C. | Friday December 21, 201216 comments

While I love my family and getting to spend oh so much time with them over the holidays (seriously, I do), I need some alone time too. When it all becomes a bit much, I like to escape with my favourite television show. Having a marathon with my TV BFFs and some hot tea is blissful when the holidays become stressful (and if you're my family, loud too!)

Here are some of my picks for tv shows that I love and can rewatch over and over or tv shows that I'm looking forward to catching up on with my free time over the break.

If you're into dramas...

1. Downton Abbey: Season 3 (C$38.99)

2. Mad Men: The Complete Fifth Season (C$21.99)

3. Revenge: Season 1 (C$29.99)

4. White Collar: Season 1 (C$29.99)

5. Gossip Girl: Seasons 1-5 Boxset (C$162.99)

If you're into comedy...

1. Community: Season 1 (C$24.99)

2. Parks and Recreation: Season 1 (C$15.93)

3. Girls: Season 1 (C$26.99)

4. New Girl: Season 1 (C$34.99)

5. Modern Family: Season 1 (C$20.00)

If you're into fantasy or sci-fi...

1. American Horror Story: Season 1 (C$39.99)

2. Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season 1 (C$19.99)

3. Once Upon A Time: Season 1 (C$29.99)

4. Misfits: Season 1 (C$26.99)

5. Game of Thrones: Season 1 (C$49.99)

Have you watched any of these? Which are your favourites and what are you looking forward to watching?
More on Gadgets, Media, Relax

on December 30, 2012  umolive5  3,187 said:

Misfits is great! I will spend my time catching up with that one.

on December 25, 2012  so_adorkable_  2,527 said:

watch every show in the sci-fi category except once upon a time..great shows!

on December 25, 2012  sonii99  352 said:

Love them :-)

on December 23, 2012  Creamsicle  45 said:

Parenthood, Private Practice, Modern Family (Hilarious), Nashville, Game of Thrones, Grey's Anatomy, The Voice (don't say a word, I'm so far behind!), and I am very intrigued by Revenge, but I have 3 kids and that's enough TV for me.

on December 23, 2012  LissaG  6,010 said:

Misfits is amazing! So weirdly funny, just finished all the seasons on Netflix

on December 22, 2012  cutie_marlena  3,161 said:

I love Modern Family. It's hilarious. I used to be a huge fan of Gossip Girl, but this last season is really horrible, so I've stopped watching it. And I really don't like new Girl. The girls are both terrible actresses.

on December 22, 2012  midnightsun2288  6,053 said:

I have already rewatched Season 1 of Game of Thrones so many times because I didn't have a TV and I didn't want to start watching season 2 from the middle. The next one isn't coming out to DVD for such a long time though!

on December 21, 2012  KatelynRose1984  20,704 said:

I'm going to start watching Modern Family during the holidays! I keep missing it.

on December 21, 2012  fredamans  11,339 said:

The only one I watch is Modern Family. Funny show.

on December 21, 2012  Bren  24,585 said: